We need your help!! LaSalle FWA :help:

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy

We need your help!! LaSalle FWA :help:

Postby Overkill67 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:19 pm

I am asking everyone to please sign this regardless where you are from. A short history of the issues for those who don't know. LaSalle FWA in Lake Village Indiana was allowed to be run down by mismanagement for almost 20 years. The past manager stopped the seasonal draw downs of Black Oak Bayou and this killed off all the vegetation and of course the standing timber which was mainly oaks. Of course during this time we have seen a MAJOR decline in waterfowl and other migrating species using the property. We now have a new manager who is wanting to start the restoration of the property and this bayou. He plans on starting the draw downs (when the weather will allow) and spray Rodeo for the invasive plants such as button brush and Phragmites, which have started to choke the entire property out. A handful of fishermen have banded together with some folks that are anti hunting claiming it is only being done to benefit duck hunters, this is not the case. As a duck hunter we are loosing 2 more spots due to this change, however as conservationists we welcome it 100%. They are using scare tactics "it will kill eagles and fish" and of course the anti-outdoors activists favorite "it's not about us, it's for the little kids" They have made their voices heard to our local state rep and congressman who have said they have not heard from anyone for this. That is because those of us that are for it (and there is a lot) were told it was a done deal, well now that is not the case. We need to make our voices heard, so please sign this and share the heck out of it. If you have any questions feel free to post here or pm me and I will answer everything I can with truth and facts, no BS.

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/restor ... y=13491882
Overkill67
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting