Lake Shafer Hunting

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy

Lake Shafer Hunting

Postby dmcand3 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:29 am

Hi All,

I am from Illinois but my parents are looking to purchase a house on Lake Shafer with water front access. Is there hunting opportunities on this lake? Is it legal? Let me know your thoughts, it doesn't look too promising and I can't find any information on hunting it.
dmcand3
hunter

Re: Lake Shafer Hunting

Postby dmcand3 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Does anyone post on the Indiana forum?
dmcand3
hunter

Postby northzoneguy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:21 am

The city limit boundaries are kinda funky down there , it is legal if you are out of city limits. With that being said there are birds to shoot in the area, I I have killed Many limits off of it. Lake Shaffer being part of the Tippecanoe River usually doesn't freeze up till it gets cold cold , so when the main lake's and small ditches and creeks lock up that's when to get on them hope that helps.
northzoneguy
State Moderator

Postby dmcand3 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:45 am

northzoneguy wrote:The city limit boundaries are kinda funky down there , it is legal if you are out of city limits. With that being said there are birds to shoot in the area, I I have killed Many limits off of it. Lake Shaffer being part of the Tippecanoe River usually doesn't freeze up till it gets cold cold , so when the main lake's and small ditches and creeks lock up that's when to get on them hope that helps.

I hear ya on that! It's just like Illinois, you pretty much have to be in an incorporated zone or in a city limit that allows discharging of a firearm. I will have to do a bit more research if they buy up some property and see if it is in the city limits.
dmcand3
hunter

Postby Flintknapper » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:21 pm

It will get birds. There are quite a few locals that hunt it and quite a few landowners that will call the law on every shot heard. Just need to scout it out and hunt through the week will be less conflict and better hunting.
Flintknapper
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting