Walleye/perch recipe?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass

Walleye/perch recipe?

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:02 pm

I LOVE fried fish. Problem is I'm on a no carb diet. Does anyone have any way to cook them that they will taste somewhat good? Preferably they have a bit of crunch to them? Let me know thanks!
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight with no vision- Helen Keller
Nelliboy2
hunter

Re: Walleye/perch recipe?

Postby bloodnguts » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:48 am

I like to spray a glass dish with no stick spray, then lay a bunch of boneless, skinless perch and walleye pieces in the dish. I then cut really thin strips of butter and space them out so at least one piece of butter is on each piece of fish. Then I sprinkle the fish with pepper, garlic salt, or any of your favorite seasonings. Then I'll crush a couple handfuls of salted cashews, and scatter them all over the fish. Throw it in the oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes at 350 and you have a very simple and tasty treat.
bloodnguts
hunter

Postby Toban » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:04 am

I tried this one when we were getting tired of the usual pan fried. It was really good.

Ingrediants:
-1 large casserole or glass cake dish
-cooking brush
-approx 1/6th pound of butter
-1.5 to 2 lbs boneless Walleye, Pike or Whitefish fillets
-Lemon pepper to suit taste
-4 large slivers of garlic
-1 whole finely chopped green onion ends
- Fine Parmesan cheese

Directions
- chop into fine pieces the four garlic slivers
- over medium heat, in a medium frying pan, fry the butter and chopped garlic (garlic golden brown)
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- take your brush and coat the bottom of the casserole dish with the garlic/butter
just enough to keep the fish from sticking.
- In single layers place the fish into the casserole dish
- liberally brush the remaining butter/garlic over top of the fish.
- sprinkle lemon pepper evenly over mixture to suit your taste
- spread the chopped green onion evenly over top of the fish mixture
- sprinkle a light coating of Parmesan cheese over the mixture (no need to blanket)
- Place it in the preheated oven for approx 10 minutes or until fish is opaque. (don't overcook)
Saddle up boys! Bring ammo and jerky.
Toban
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:15 pm

Thanks for the pointers guys. I found a product called carbquick. Basically low carb and calorie flour. Add all the seasoning I want to spice it up and I have been having great lucky frying with it without breaking my low carb diet....good luck
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight with no vision- Helen Keller
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Try grilling cut up filets. cut 'em into cubes in a mixing bowl. Add olive oil & whatever spices you want (creole or Lowry's season salt & mix until all piees are coated with oil/spices. Pu the fish in a grilling basket ... on the grill and cook. Stir a couple of times during grilling unitl done.

Now put together soft fish tacos. i top the fish with pico de gallo and shaved cabbage that's been tossed with a mixture of tartar and hot sauce. Actually, I like to spread the tartar & hot sauce on the soft tortilla before loading the fish & veggies.

It's killer good, easy, and good for you. If you want to make clean up easier you can line the grill basket with aluminum foil, but then you don't the flame broil effect.
"Chill Dude, these guys think the public pool and playground are communist plots"s - BBD2
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
Republicans take care of big money, for big money takes care of them ~ Will Rogers
E PLURIBUS UNUM
dudejcb
hunter

Postby mauserfan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:53 am

We just use Shore Lunch after fillet is rolled in egg, then bake them. mauser
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
mauserfan
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking