Turkey Frying Brine

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass

Turkey Frying Brine

Postby DuckCrazy47 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Im going to my folks house this Thanksgiving. They want to fry some turkeys but are not fond of the injectable marinades. My suggestion was to marinade the turkeys in a brine. Does anyone have any suggestions of a brine I could use that gives turkeys a clean light taste that's not overpowering and safe for frying. Thanks
DuckCrazy47
hunter

Re: Turkey Frying Brine

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 am

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Turkey Frying Brine

Postby sequel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:23 am

Inda's recipe is as good as any I've seen. I like to add maple syrup to mine, instead of brown sugar, but it is all a matter of preference. Take note that the recipe warns against the use of previously injected birds. That is sound advice. Around here, the only way to avoid "pre-injected" birds is to purchase Kosher turkeys. They are good, of course, but pricey.

Since you've got a little time on your hands, you could also experiment with homemade injectable marinades. You may come up with something your family will enjoy.
sequel
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking