Goose Recipes

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass

Goose Recipes

Postby ybar21 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:05 pm

First time posting here on the forums, but after hearing many negative remarks regarding eating Canada Geese I figured I would share some recipes we use in my house. These are all recipes I have found on the internet from various sources. The first and my favorite is Goose Jerky. We grind the breast in 5 pound batches. We have used a few different brands of seasoning, but my favorite so far has been Cabelas Original Mix. Each box has enough to make three, 5 pound batches. We mix the seasoning with the ground goose, then using a jerky gun we lay out the strips in our dehydrator. Then set the temp at 165 degrees for about 4 1/2 - 5 hours and you should be good to go. I have given this jerky to people without telling them what it is and they all assume it is beef. Have not had any complaints and even my young children eat it.

Then next is Slow cooker Goose with Cream of Mushroom Soup. Very simple to make. Get your slow cooker, place one family sized can of Cream of Mushroom in the bottom. Layer that with 5-6 goose breast. Then cover with an additional can of Cream of Mushroom. Place the cover on the slow cooker and let it ride for about 8 hours. We usually serve this with mashed potatoes using the Cream of Mushroom as gravy. Taste very much like roast beef this way. Some of you may already know about these recipes but I figured I would share them anyway for those who do not. Good hunting!
ybar21
Newb

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking