My duck poppers (BBQ style)

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass

My duck poppers (BBQ style)

Postby DNORT127 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Well tinkered around at duck camp a little this year and came up with this recipe for some tasty little duck bites.

Cut up the breast into bite size pieces, i try to keep it about 1 inch x 1 inch.
Put in a bowl with low sodium dales and Dr Pepper ( I usually do 5-8 breast so a bottle of dales and a couple cans of DP will be good) just enough to cover up all the meat you know
Let it soak for a minimum of 4-6 hours
Take a slice of jalepeno out of the jar, yes the jar...
Roll it up with thin bacon
On just ONE SIDE, sprinkle on some seasoned salt, tonys, garlic powder and black pepper.
Heat up the grill to HIGH HIGH heat, throw em on for a couple minutes on each side.
Flip them again and brush on your favorite bbq sauce, put a little on both sides if need be.
Do not over cook them!! Medium rare is about as long as you want to go.

I did this a couple times at camp this year and had multiple people tell me it was the best duck bites theyve ever had, even had a couple tell me it almost tasted like filet. Try it out and let me know what yall think. Enjoy :thumbsup:
LeakyBoot wrote:Over the last 40 years I spent most of my money on Waterfowling, Women and Whiskey.
The rest of my money I just wasted.

Loco Duck Club
DNORT127
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking