Best Snow Goose Recipe

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass

Best Snow Goose Recipe

Postby teal12 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:06 pm

I'm getting ready for a spring snow goose season and I'm wondering what your favorite recipe is. I've heard that they make good hamburger.
teal12
hunter

Re: Best Snow Goose Recipe

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:48 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby alanwebfoot » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:54 pm

summer sausage ,just like deer same recipe same seasoning
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Give this a try. It's been my go-to on snow geese, especially when you want to feed a lot of people.

Saskatchewan Goose

1 Goose Breast(Canada or Snow or Swan) (increase the ingredients if you increase the breasts)
Butter
Italian Bread Crumbs + any other spices
Salt , Pepper & Garlic Powder
3 eggs beaten
Flour
Onion, large ,sliced
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Celery
1 can milk or half & half

Filet the two sides of the goose from the breast and place in cold salt water overnite to remove blood. Change water often . Remove and pat dry. Cut breasts into 1-2 inch cubes. Salt, pepper, and garlic powder cubed breasts to taste. Coat cubes in flour and then dip in beaten egg. Roll egg-dipped cubes in Italian Bread Crumbs plus any other spices you prefer.
Brown cubes in butter in skillet over medium heat so as to adhere crumbs to the meat.
Place the browned goose cubes into a roaster and add sliced onion. Pour heated mixture of Cream of Mushroom & Celery soups and milk over meat and add water until goose and mixture is covered. Place in roaster, top on, into pre-heated oven at 350º for ½ hour. Turn oven down to 200º for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionly. Serve with mashed potatos or over rice. Delightful.

“This recipe was served to me in 1985 by Mrs. Willie (Ivadelle) Kosior, Fillmore, Saskatchewan. It has been a favorite ever since! “ Tenfingergrip
tenfingergrip
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking