Switch to full site
What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.
Post a reply

Great duck/goose popper recipe

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:17 pm

This is by far, the best (in my opinion anyways) duck popper recipe I have ever had!

Cube your duck breast to about 1" x 1" cubes
Marinade/brine in whatever you like! (we use a combination of coke, orange juice, lots of black pepper, red pepper flakes, brown sugar)

On a tooth pick:

add one cube of duck/goose breast
one sliced water chestnut
one slice of jalapeno (we have used the ones from a can or fresh ones work too)
one cube of cheese (again, whatever type you like; the favorite seems to be either Colby jack or extra sharp cheddar)

Wrap the entire thing in bacon (the cheap thin sliced stuff goes a long way)
- you want to make sure the entire popper is wrapped tightly to prevent cheese from melting out

BBQ or place in oven until the bacon is cooked

Enjoy!

You might want to watch out for your finger tips as you might eat those too! The first time we made these I couldn't get enough! I like them with a nice pumpkin or dark beer!

They are time consuming to make so we usually make a large batch and freeze them; they freeze pretty well.

You really need to try these; you won't be disappointed I promise!

Re: Great duck/goose popper recipe

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:18 pm

Sounded good but after reading that you drink pumpkin beer, I lost all faith in your taste buds :no:

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:16 pm

Cut your duck breast in half and then pound it thin. Cut into 1.5" - 2" wide strips.
Mix cream cheese, diced jalapeƱos, shredded cheddar, and miced garlic together in a bowl.
spread mixture on the duck strips and roll up. Wrap in bacon and use a toothpick to hold it all together.
Sprinkle bacon with brown sugar and broil, checking often

Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:17 am

I just started using shiskkobob sticks hell of alot EasierImage

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Post a reply