My Favorite Grilled Duck

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass

My Favorite Grilled Duck

Postby megasupermagnum » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:34 pm

I came across a similar recipe last year, and have adjusted it some. I never measure anything, but I'll guess on the measurements.

I marinade overnight in 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce, either teaspoon of garlic powder or a clove of fresh garlic, and about a tablespoon of tabasco sauce. Optional: when ready to cook, I take them out and trim the fat, but I prefer lean meat. I fire up the grill on a medium-high heat, and mix up a rub. For the rub, I use about 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coffee, and I may add a bit of rosemary. This would be where to add any seasonings you prefer. I mix it all up with about a 1/4 cup of olive oil to help it stick. Before I put them on the grill, I brush it on. I grill about 5-10 minutes per side depending on the duck. I just did goose today, and it was more like 15 minutes to get a nice medium rare. The coffee gives it a nice smokey taste, I've had nothing but bad luck with the "liquid smoke". I've never found a better way to cook duck, even better than the old bacon wrapped and baked. Enjoy. :beer:
megasupermagnum
hunter

Re: My Favorite Grilled Duck

Postby Dave in AZ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 pm

Thanks.
Really, 1.5 T coffee? That sounds like it would really be overpowering? You're not the first to mention coffee though, I'll have to try that.
Dave in AZ
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Looks good. We do a lot of grilled duck here as well.

megasupermagnum wrote:...I've never found a better way to cook duck...

Sous vide, then grill hot and fast. :thumbsup:

Duck Parmesan is pretty damn good, so is Duck Tenderloin Marsala. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby megasupermagnum » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:35 pm

Dave in AZ wrote:Thanks.
Really, 1.5 T coffee? That sounds like it would really be overpowering? You're not the first to mention coffee though, I'll have to try that.

At that amount, people can't even tell its coffee. They ask me if they are smoked. I do like a very smoky flavor though. I should have mentioned, the measurements I listed should do between maybe 10-20 breasts.

I think I've heard about Sous Vide cooking, probably in a late night infomercial. I watch a lot of antenna TV when I'm hunting, I always get that thick talking guy selling his pressure cooker thing at night. I'll have to give it a try. I'll say that grilling is even easier than baking. It takes just a minute to put the breasts in a bowl with the marinade. Then its just brushing them and slapping on the grill. You are eating in 15 minutes. :thumbsup:
megasupermagnum
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking