Air fryer

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass

Air fryer

Postby Netstar1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:33 am

Got a Air Fryer for Christmas and was wondering if anyone tried cooking duck in the air fryer?
Netstar1
hunter

Re: Air fryer

Postby buckdeer85 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:31 pm

My wife got an air fryer from her parents for Christmas. She cut up some chicken breast & fried it for my son. It cooked well & almost too well. She didn’t use any cooking oil of course & it was real dry. So even though chicken isn’t duck just be careful about cooking it too dry in that thing.
buckdeer85
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 pm

buckdeer85 wrote:My wife got an air fryer from her parents for Christmas. She cut up some chicken breast & fried it for my son. It cooked well & almost too well. She didn’t use any cooking oil of course & it was real dry. So even though chicken isn’t duck just be careful about cooking it too dry in that thing.

Were they boneless/skinless? I'd heard a whole chicken turns out well.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby buckdeer85 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:20 pm

These were small boneless & skinless. So they dried out easily.
buckdeer85
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:08 am

buckdeer85 wrote:These were small boneless & skinless. So they dried out easily.

Thanks. Makes sense. Only thing good I can do with boneless/skinless is crockpot them and make pulled chicken with BBQ sauce.

I've heard the whole turkeys and chickens can be very good in an oil-less fryer. Haven't been sold yet on other cuts but would like more info. Just hate to house yet another appliance for infrequent use.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby steelsprayer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:36 am

I want to bump this to the top of the discussion board because I just got a new air fryer and would like some input on how to cook duck breasts in it.
steelsprayer
hunter

Postby jgreengiant » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Picked up an Air Fryer last year. Works great on most everything I have tried. However, like I do with a smoker, I always brine all the meat (including duck) overnight in water/apple juice/salt/brown sugar/spices to taste. Rinse in cold water, dry with paper towels, rub inside and out with favorite spices, stuff with apple slices, baste with your favorite sauce and when it looks like it is beginning to get done, stop it periodically and check the meat with an instant read thermometer till you learn how long to leave it. Two of my hunting buddies have one as well and all three take a little different amount of time. Mess around with it for two or three times with small amounts of meat till you figure out the cook time and I believe you will like it. No promises, but, it worked for me and now I would hate to give it up. Hope this helps.
jgreengiant
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking