rnt hunter series

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: Ross R, quackerkiller, Oregon Honker

rnt hunter series

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Too late to change my mind since macks has already shipped it, but i just bought a RNT HS canada goose call. Did it to replace my BG hammer. listened to the sound files on their website and it sounded good enough for a 40$ call. My other option was the banded brand sledge hammer but reviews were slim to none!

So did i make a decent buy or should i send it back after it arrives?
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Re: rnt hunter series

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:59 am

To the best of my knowledge, it's a Goosezilla insert in a wood barrel, so the question may be whether that nicer look is worth the price difference between the two to you. Haven't had a BG Hammer for comparison, but did once buy a Goosezilla at Wally World in the morning and toll birds with it that afternoon. I liked it more than some much more expensive customs I've owned, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will...
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:29 am

RNT hunter and the quackhead goosezilla are both based off the G2, which is a good call.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:15 am

I didn't mind the extra $ for the cocobollo. Well see once it arrives. Thanks guys
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:10 pm

showed up a day early! very pleased w macks PW especially for my very first purchase from them. super pleased w the call. Like most its box says hand tuned but tbh it was a little high pitched for my liking. 10 minutes of tuning helped that. Been practicing quite a bit and iv only had a couple freeze ups due to too much saliva, ill make a conscious effort to control that lol :tongue:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Hand tuned is a marketing gimmick. Every call ever made has been hand tuned, there is no tuning machine so some human being has to tune a call.
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby mcflye » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:14 pm

I have one and I love mine tried other more expensive calls but still only use the rnt hs
mcflye
hunter

Postby ninethreeeleven » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:49 pm

As Rick Hall said, it appears to be a goosezilla insert in a better looking barrel.

I've hunted a goosezilla forever, and I love it. But I did re-tune it almost immediately, to better suit my style of calling. It has good back pressure and doesn't take a ton of air to move. But I really don't remember what it was like when I first got it, its been that long. Have fun with it, mess around with the reed position and custom tune it to your specifications.
ninethreeeleven
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:57 am

I liked my Goozilla i bought a back up. it was hard to blow at first for me anyway.
Save the Pangolins.

Dixie Decoys brand ambassador
https://www.dixiedecoys.com/
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby BusterAZ » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:15 pm

I recently bought a hunter series goose call and have been very impressed with its performance, especially for the price. It needed tuning right out of box, but has the sound profile I was looking for. I know this thread is old, but these calls are still being sold, so figured it was worth an update!
Rather be the hunter than the prey!
BusterAZ
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum