Grounds Gurus step inside

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: Ross R, quackerkiller, Oregon Honker

Grounds Gurus step inside

Postby CGD » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Thinking about a new call before the end of the year and trying to decide between the G Overhauler or possibly the G Force. Wondering if anyone has ran both and what they preferred, or if there is something else in the Grounds catalog I should be looking for as far as a meat call is concerned.
CGD
hunter

Re: Grounds Gurus step inside

Postby ColoradoGooser » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:05 am

The G Force I ran had a little more range than my Overhauler does,but most likely in the tuning of said calls.
Either call you really cannot go wrong with.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy

The constitution,confusing Liberals since 1789
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby CGD » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Called the shop yesterday and got a G Force ordered, hopefully I'll get to use it on some late season birds.
CGD
hunter

Postby CGD » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:02 pm

G Force showed up today, kinda surprised how easy it is to use, I guess I was anticipating needing more air pressure to run it.
CGD
hunter

Postby Nogis » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:03 am

You liking that G Force still? I'm in a pickle. My brother has a Pro Super Mag, which I absolutely love, and I have a beat up old Buck Gardner Honker Hammer that I want to replace with a Grounds call. However, I'm unsure if I want to invest in anything too similar to the PSM, since I can likely borrow his call maybe a quarter of the time I hunt. I mostly hunt salt marshes and small fields and because of this I'm considering a Winglock Whisperer. Getting that would let me have a fair amount of variety, unless I for some reason can't bring his call along. My question is, do you think I could get similar sounds out of the G Force as the Whisperer produces?
Nogis
hunter

Postby plainsman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:25 am

The G force is louder and higher pithed than the winglock....2 very different calls...G force is far more versatile....the whisperer is more of a finishing call....more mellow and softer. All that being said....tuning can play a big factor.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum