What's your Spread look like

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

What's your Spread look like

Postby robs 1 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:17 am

For them newbs on here this is what my spread looks like.My spread consist of 6/12 mallards( depending on how far I have to walk), 6 wigeon,and 6 teal.Also I have to wonder ducks they look great check them out.Im looking forward to buy some pin tail deeks,and mallard deeks.if you would please put the decoys you use for the newbs.
robs 1
hunter

Re: What's your Spread look like

Postby duckslayer0513 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:37 pm

We usually hunt off a spread of 2 dozen avian x mallard decoys ( mix between feeder and upright head positions ) then we mix in half dozen or. A full dozen wigeon and pinnies for smaller water. Big water usually 60 or so Dakota decoys and avians with some more ghg wigeon and avian pintails
duckslayer0513
hunter

Postby WolfHeart91 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:19 pm

Currently Im rocking half a dozen mallards, pintail, and green wings. I put the big ducks by themselves and the teal seperated. I am going to try adding some gadwall to the mix and see if I have a change in ducks coming in. Ill let you know after next Saturday!
I am just a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas....
2017-18 totals: 9 teal, 1 gadwal, 4 dosgris, 1 coot
Kaku Kahuna SUP duck hunter and fly angler
WolfHeart91
hunter

Postby SDduckhunter23 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:52 pm

3 doz mallards 1/2 doz pintails, gadwalls, gwt, and bwt. Also have 2 doz goose floaters. All ghg prograde. We usually use 6-12 mallards all teal and pintails early season. Late season we give the whole rig.

Carter Klatt
AYFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carter Klatt

As you get older, and hunting time is more available to you, it can get easy to go back to a honey hole too often. Next thing you know, it's not so much honey and more of a hole.
SDduckhunter23
hunter

Postby bellison4 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:06 pm

We use usually a dozen mixed duck decoys ghg with 2 dozen ghg goose floatersand 3 dakota goose decoys.
bellison4
hunter

Return to Youth