Switch to full site
A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.
Post a reply

Re: what was your first duck

Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:43 pm

11 years old. Standing on the edge of a public swamp. No boat. No decoys. No calls. Blasted a drake wood duck, I shot 1 kill. (That was after missing a lot however :hammer: )

Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:23 pm

my first duck was a mallard drake at 13

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:08 pm

First duck? Greenwing teal..... I was like 9 0r 10 and lets say there wasnt much meat left... :hammer:

Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Not sure if it was a teal or a coot, i was like 8 shooting a .410 on a levee and i shot it by myself but the water was too deep to go get it and i didnt have a dog. I didnt have determiniation for it at 8. Later that year, my dad and i went on a bayou and a pair of woodies met up with us. I shot the drake with his 12ga 870 and he grabbed the gun and shot the hen.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Drake greenwing when I was 13

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:48 pm

My first was a green wing drake came in to the decoys and landed before anyone saw him. We scared him off the water and shot him. I missed a ton of big ducks (gadwall, wigeon, pintails) before that little guy came in and of course I would hit the hardest target[emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Drake Wigeon at Grizzly Island, California
13 years old.

First geese..one shot, a Snow and Dark goose (Either a Cackler or Speck) dropped out of a mass of birds someone jumped off other side of a pond just at starting time at Delevan refuge in California at 13 years old. About 1962.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Big old mallard drake, when I was 11 years old. Was sitting by a tree when they a while flock swimming up the creek and ended up blasting 2 drakes. From then on I've never touched deer hunting or anything but waterfowl for the most case.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 am

Most of you guys have been shooting mallards as your first duck but mine was a Canvasback Drake. Age Twelve
It was an afternoon hunt and a pair of Cans swung around my blind.
I pulled up and shot the drake with a 20 over-under
Surprisingly the Hen swing back around and I shot her as well
One of my fondness duck hunting memories. :lol3:
Post a reply