Pet peeves..

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Pet peeves..

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man, that is a good one. Of course, I would get shot in the process of zip tying cart to car. :sad:

Parking lots are just full of pet peeve material including:
*healthy people with a permit using handicap spots
*people going the wrong way (against the 45 degree parking spots)
*fire-lane parkers who create a confused mess of humans and cars right at the entrance. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:56 pm

Rat Creek wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man, that is a good one. Of course, I would get shot in the process of zip tying cart to car. :sad:

Parking lots are just full of pet peeve material including:
*healthy people with a permit using handicap spots
*people going the wrong way (against the 45 degree parking spots)
*fire-lane parkers who create a confused mess of humans and cars right at the entrance. :rolleyes:

I have to remember sometimes that there are camera's everywhere. :lol3: But God as my witness, I will find the right opportunity for this.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:31 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
I have to remember sometimes that there are camera's everywhere. :lol3: But God as my witness, I will find the right opportunity for this.

Might be the one time the Covid Virtue mask saves the day. :yes:

There is a guy along our walking trail that has gone waaaaay overboard with the Pick up after your dog signs which of course are on the park property that he thinks he owns. :rolleyes: The people in my hood are really good about picking up, so his dozen signs seem a bit over the top. :rolleyes:

I would love to pick up poop in my backyard for a week and dump it in a pile right next to one of the many signs, but as soon as I do, I will see a video of my dumbazz posted on the neighborhood website which I call the Neighborhood Narc because that seems to be its main purpose. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby uglymug » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:46 am

Rat Creek wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

Might be the one time the Covid Virtue mask saves the day. :yes:

There is a guy along our walking trail that has gone waaaaay overboard with the Pick up after your dog signs which of course are on the park property that he thinks he owns. :rolleyes: The people in my hood are really good about picking up, so his dozen signs seem a bit over the top. :rolleyes:

I would love to pick up poop in my backyard for a week and dump it in a pile right next to one of the many signs, but as soon as I do, I will see a video of my dumbazz posted on the neighborhood website which I call the Neighborhood Narc because that seems to be its main purpose. :no:

I joined that Neighborly app thinking it might be a nice way to stay in touch with my local neighbors and such.

All I really ever see on it is old ladys posting pictures of black or latino kids walking on the sidewalk stating that there's "trouble" in the neighborhood. Or they'll gossip about how such and such's kids playing with a sprinkler in their yard is a problem.

I uninstalled it about a year ago.
uglymug
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:11 pm

:lol3: :thumbsup:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:01 pm

uglymug wrote:[
All I really ever see on it is old ladys posting pictures of black or latino kids walking on the sidewalk stating that there's "trouble" in the neighborhood. Or they'll gossip about how such and such's kids playing with a sprinkler in their yard is a problem.

Uninstalling won't help as my lovely bride forwards the messages, or worse, reads them to me. :crying:

The people complaining about kids being noisy or playing in the sprinkler are the same people who complain that the kids sit in front of the TV playing xbox. There is no way to win with them. :no:

From the open front window of my home office, I listened to a lady tell her walking partner how happy she was when the parks department tore down a couple of tree houses in the woods behind her house. :no: :rolleyes:

I am on the opposite side of that. When I see the kids building the shoddy and dangerous tree houses, it warms my heart with nostalgia. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Amazing what kids can build with some stolen lumber, two hammers and a few dozen nails. :hammer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby TrapperRob » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:02 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
uglymug wrote:[

Uninstalling won't help as my lovely bride forwards the messages, or worse, reads them to me. :crying:

The people complaining about kids being noisy or playing in the sprinkler are the same people who complain that the kids sit in front of the TV playing xbox. There is no way to win with them. :no:

From the open front window of my home office, I listened to a lady tell her walking partner how happy she was when the parks department tore down a couple of tree houses in the woods behind her house. :no: :rolleyes:

I am on the opposite side of that. When I see the kids building the shoddy and dangerous tree houses, it warms my heart with nostalgia. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Amazing what kids can build with some stolen lumber, two hammers and a few dozen nails. :hammer:

I was those kids and I hope my kids are those kids too...
Be a mentor.

Semper Paratus
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:36 am

TrapperRob wrote:I was those kids and I hope my kids are those kids too...

Me too. And my now grown kids were those kids as well.

As a kid, the tree line along a farmer's field not far from my house is where we built the tree houses, but we had an added bonus. In a small section of land just the opposite side of the tree line from the field was an abandoned tree farm. One year as the weather got cooler, we came up with the idea to take our fort underground. :fingerhead:

What started as four large holes left from trees being dug up, balled & burlaped became the beginning of a great excavation. It was impressive as it formed kind of a Z shape with an opening at both ends. :thumbsup: Once we were satisfied with the size and depth of things, we took scrap wood and plywood from the trash pile of a neighboring subdivision under construction. We place the boards over the trenches, spread dirt over the top, and camouflaged it with branches, and we blended in perfectly. :grooving:

With little candle alcoves dug into the walls for lighting, we thought it was perfect. And it only got better when one friend stole some of his dad's playboy magazines. Then the underground fort began to draw preteen boys from a mile radius. :lol3: :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:44 am

For years, my family has complained about low flow toilets that require two flushes per dump (one for the log, one for the paper) and low flow showers where it is hard to get wet. :sad: Of course the insane part is it has resulted in new showers having 3-4 heads and sprayers. :rolleyes:

And like many others, I have invested effort in taking out the flow restricters and even using a drill bit to open up bigger holes in a shower head. Finally a Big Gov outsider is making things right. :fingerhead: Just let companies make what their consumers want.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:50 pm

That should win him the election right there. :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:31 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:That should win him the election right there. :thumbsup:

He just picked up the plumber vote. :yes: :hammer: No more call backs for "there is something wrong with the $500 fixture you just installed." :beer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:54 am

Beginning sentences with "I feel like...." when someone is expressing a thought, not a feeling. :rolleyes:

"I feel like we should extend the registration window" is a thought, not a feeling. People feel cold or frustrated, not about analysis. :rolleyes:

Initially, this terrible English was relegated to teenage girls, but now is pervasive and generally with females and metro-sexual males of our species.

My work team is about 50% women, and it seems every sentence now begins with "I feel like...."

And my rebuttal, which usually leads to hilarious interactions is I will say- "I feel like we should all start every sentence with I feel like. :yes:

To which my colleagues will respond "I feel like that is a good idea. and I feel like we need to stay on the agenda. I feel like Brad is correct. :lol3:

And I feel like the meeting is going right into the ditch. :hammer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:23 am

I've noticed quite a few Millennial's using the term "voice".

I "voiced" this or that...

They "voiced" this or that...

Maybe we should "voice" this or that...

They "voiced" to me...

It annoys me. :lol3:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:40 am

I feel you are wrong.

Don't give me facts, it doesn't change how I feel, and how I feel is my truth and that makes it the truth :fingerhead:

I was listening to David Web driving back from goose hunting this morning and he had almost that conversation with a caller.

Just using the word feel in a discussion of facts is definitely a pet peeve of mine.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:16 am

I feel like I have voiced my feelings on this matter quite clearly. :yes:

Mrs. Creek and my daughter both fall into the "I feel like" cadence sometimes, and when I respond back completely deadpan that I feel like (insert complete thought), they both just stop and laugh as it is so out of character for me to speak like that.

Literally happened just the other day when they were trying to land on a quartz counter-top color. After they expressed their feelings about narrowing to two colors, I said- "I feel like you cannot go wrong with either." And they stopped, laughed and shook their heads in a disgusted and pandering manner. :lol3: :no: Then I got back to working for free. :help:

The new challenge is I have to work "voiced" into the repertoire. :lol3: :beer: I feel like I can do it. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 am

So this is a two-for..... Got in my lovely bride's vehicle which is a pick-up truck by the way. :thumbsup:

And while trying to find a cup holder for my drink, I realized I was basically driving a combination Storage Container and Dumpster. :rolleyes: :help: Empty water bottles, empty starbucks cups, receipts, bags from various shopping trips that have never made it into the house or back to the store, half a dozen pens- none of which work, sunglasses- not in the sun-glass holder, empty food bags, change in the console, under empty cups, on the floor, etc. Disgusting. :no: And of course, each time I turned a corner, I could hear crap rolling around on the floor. :no:

I would have to clean out the vehicle in order to clean it. :rolleyes: Compared notes with a couple of friends, this appears to be an accurate stereotype of the fairer sex. :rolleyes:

So, I turned on the radio to help with my anger management, and I hear a commercial where the spokesperson literally kept slowly repeating W-W-W-Dot..... before giving their website address. I bet he repeated it 4-5 times during the commercial. What is this 1998??? :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Rat Creek wrote:So this is a two-for..... Got in my lovely bride's vehicle which is a pick-up truck by the way. :thumbsup:

And while trying to find a cup holder for my drink, I realized I was basically driving a combination Storage Container and Dumpster. :rolleyes: :help: Empty water bottles, empty starbucks cups, receipts, bags from various shopping trips that have never made it into the house or back to the store, half a dozen pens- none of which work, sunglasses- not in the sun-glass holder, empty food bags, change in the console, under empty cups, on the floor, etc. Disgusting. :no: And of course, each time I turned a corner, I could hear crap rolling around on the floor. :no:

I would have to clean out the vehicle in order to clean it. :rolleyes: Compared notes with a couple of friends, this appears to be an accurate stereotype of the fairer sex. :rolleyes:

So, I turned on the radio to help with my anger management, and I hear a commercial where the spokesperson literally kept slowly repeating W-W-W-Dot..... before giving their website address. I bet he repeated it 4-5 times during the commercial. What is this 1998??? :huh:

:lol3: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

I hear ya. Mine stuff's every available inch of space in the car-door space with...stupid stuff. Used Kleenex top the list. :huh: Followed by receipts, hard candy wrappers, you-name-it while the pepper spray I so thoughtfully researched and bought would only take her 15 minutes to find and deploy if needed. :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

On the other hand, my truck has everything anyone would need to survive a zombie attack. None of it is visible to the human eye. Knives, power cords, weapons, weapon magazines, lighters, fire extinguisher, baggies and trash bags, Streamlight WITH car charger, LED lantern, maintenance records, twine, towels, rags, etc. And my favorite - the DC to AC converter with baby jumper cables for adhoc hook-up.

The truck box is chock full of great stuff too, her trunk is filled with "recycling" she's been meaning to drop off since 2016.
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Unlike my truck which is filled with essentials. Goose decoys, duck decoys, oars, life jackets, a trolling motor, a battery, tackle box, a couple fishing rods, boots, ...

But there is no used junk. I hate getting in cars/trucks with empty bottles, food containers, ... Anything like that goes at the first stop. My truck is rarely clean but it is never a garbage can.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Unlike my truck which is filled with essentials. Goose decoys, duck decoys, oars, life jackets, a trolling motor, a battery, tackle box, a couple fishing rods, boots, ...

:lol3: 24x7x365? :huh:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:21 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
:lol3: 24x7x365? :huh:

Oh, I know. 61,320 :hammer: Definitely.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:I hate getting in cars/trucks with empty bottles, food containers, ...

You would open my wife's truck door, close it and start walking to your destination. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:45 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:I hate getting in cars/trucks with empty bottles, food containers, ...

You would open my wife's truck door, close it and start walking to your destination. :yes:

I don't get it. It's not like washing all the mud off the outside of my truck. You stop for gas. Just throw the $hit in the garbage can :fingerhead:

If you have 500 empty McDonald's bags, you've had 500 opportunities to throw your $hit in the garbage can :fingerhead:

My truck is rarely clean. Early goose ended yesterday and we had some rain, there's mud on the outside, mud on the floor mats, ... It needs cleaned. But there is not one piece of garbage in it. If there were, when I get gas tomorrow, it would all get tossed :fingerhead:

I can't remember if it was a realtor or who it was, it was a while back. I was in the front seat with this relatively young woman and she had used food wrappers and crap on the floor. She had to stop for something and there was a garbage can there. I instinctively without thinking grabbed some garbage to toss in the can. Embarrassed the hell out of her. :oops: She ran around in about 5 seconds had all the garbage out of her car :fingerhead: :lol3: I can be lazy and procrastinate, but come on. 5 seconds so you aren't riding around with garbage :no:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:38 am

I have learned from my wife and her family, that people not making an effort is not something you can solve. :sad: They take particular pleasure in seeing you picking up their messes, and you CANNOT outlast them as they are quite comfortable and happy living in filth. :sad:

My brother in law, who married into this family as well, calls them the Velcro Family because it is really difficult to tear them off the living room furniture to help out. :yes: Like they are just welded there. :help:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
Swamp Azz

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:41 am

When you go to the store for something small like a gallon of milk and it costs you $40.00
OGblackcloud
Super Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:50 am

OGblackcloud wrote:When you go to the store for something small like a gallon of milk and it costs you $40.00

I've recently switched from Krogers to Giant Eagle, largely because Krogers here have gone to hell. For a once Fortune 10 company I'm amazed. Giant Eagle is more expensive but the variety and quality is better and the cost is offset with the fuel point program twice as strong as Krogers.

BUT...their Point of Sale systems suck. Also amazing because that is any retailers #1 job/need/concern. But more over, to your point, since COVID they have eliminated hand baskets and only have large or small push carts (obviously designed to encourage more impulse buying). Not only is it customer unfriendly to HAVE to use a big cart for a small amount of items, it feels predatory using COVID as the excuse.

I've asked several "managers" when they are bringing hand baskets back and none know. I've asked "why" they were eliminated and their pay answer is "carts are easier to sanitize". :huh: I then ask how it's easier to sanitize a full sized metal cart over a small plastic hand basket and in every case I get a blank stare. :no:
Deplorable Since 1776
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole