18x48 Tracker Duck Boat Rebuild

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

18x48 Tracker Duck Boat Rebuild

Postby mjohns95 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi guys. A few months ago I picked up an old 1848 tracker with a 40 hp evinrude. I had always wanted a mud motor so I saw this as my opportunity to rebuild a boat how I wanted it while staying on a budget (just graduated college). I found a decent deal on a mud buddy 35hp long tail so I started the process. The boat transom had flex sealed over some heavy corrosion so I decided to do an all aluminum transom with the help of a buddy. So now she has a beefy aluminum transom with flotation pods to help take care of the heavier motor.

Currently building a wood floor (for now) and will be completely repainting with marshgrass. I’ll finish the Camo in the spring after the season. Also hoping to add a light bar up front and some green running lights. Right now I am trying to get off old adhesive from the previous wieners carpet so I can prep for paint. Here are some pics: ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mjohns95
hunter

Re: 18x48 Tracker Duck Boat Rebuild

Postby TrapperRob » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Nice build.
Be a mentor.

Semper Paratus
TrapperRob
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting