Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you guys but tha Grizz had a long season. We killed our share of ducks but there was a lot of work involved. Windshield time that is. Afternoon scouting cut into my nap time. With hard work and some networknig a guy can still kill ducks in AR! God bless my friends!
This day in age the (Modern) duck hunter is going to have to be mobile and have more gear than ever before. We used all the resources we had sled blinds,boats,layout blinds,four wheelers,dry feed decoys,floaters,mud boats, whatever it took to get close to those Ducks!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
So far the KISS system has worked well for us :yes: but what do a couple of Bluenosers know? KISS stands for keep it simple stupid for those who didn't know. We do use a boat or canoe depending on where and what we are hunting and we use a few decoys. we try to keep it simple so we can access hard to get to places with few other hunters. Pluss we cann't afford all that fancy gear.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Lots of scouting if nothing else. I have a lot of the gear but when the birds aren't willing it's going to be tough day. But also if you can find your own little Honey Hole, they fly right into you dekes or no dekes. Good luck with the scouting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a great time this season but it was tiring. You are right the big decoy spreads are over. If a man finds where the ducks are going and other can't be you will killem
God BLess The USA nice to have the oppertunity to go duck hunting. No matter how tough it gets!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.