Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could have 1 last Wish, What would you wish for?

Mine would be to have 1 more Hunting Season with my Dad!
Just 1 more season to tell him how much he ment to me, how I had learned alot from him when it came to Hunting, Fishing, Trapping and Gathering Ediables from the Outdoors! just 1 more season to Chase the deer or Squirrels or Rabbits or to Wet the line in a Fish hole we had with him.

Just 1 more Season to hear him laugh at his Misses or My Misses and Cheer for each other at the hits!

What would you guys wish for?

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
after a post like that i guess i would sound like a total arse for saying, " 100 million dollars". :laughing:

actually, i guess if i could have one wish..it would be to know that my kids would live long and happy lives without hardship. a guy can rest easy with that off his mind.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i would wish for my dad to be the slightest bit interested in hunting and fishing so we could enjoy that time together. unfortunately, that's what it would take (a wish) to get him into it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It would be great to have pop around for one more night around the camp fire, or out in the blind. He's there with you each and every moment. All you have to do is listen. You always sign off with take a youth hunting... My father never did any hunting, I got into it with a friend and the only time we see each other is during hunting season. I do hunt with my son and soon to be with is my 9 yr old daughter. Pass it on and make memories for them to remember us by.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
My one wish would be for the youth of today to not make the mistakes of the past and to preserve and honour nature and tradition.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I guess I'll have to agree with Swamp Puppy. Instead of my typical every day wish of having the winning lottery ticket in my hand on drawing day, I guess I'll give a serious answer.
I wish/hope I have good kids when I'm ready for that in the next ten years. I hope I can interest them in the outdoors, hunting, and fishing. Ever since my dad introduced me I have been trying to pass it on to every one I can find and how much better could it get than passing it on to your own kids.

·
Registered
452 Posts
donell67, as long as your wishing throw me in there two. i'd love to go to argentina.i've seen so much film from hunts there, guys with piles of doves and strapes of ducks, cool place.

·
Registered
672 Posts
1. Hope my kid's have a safe, happy, hardship free life with them enjoying the outdoor's. 2. $10,000,000.00 :thumbsup: :laughing: 3. For the price of gas, milk, beef, and all the rest of the high priced $hirt in this world to go down so we can afford it for once!!!

·
1,459 Posts
I lost my Father 35 yrs ago,he started me on hunting and fishing when I was 2,even though a lot of time has passed I still wish we could do one more trip together.Some dreams,no matter how impossible,just hang on because they are good dreams.
I've been told by many who knew him that I turned out just like him(while I have a much higher opinion of him,I'll take the compliment never the less)so it would seem that he isn't that far off after all.As long as I love the woods and water that he taught me to love then I guess he'll be around to help enjoy it.
If I could get one thing it would be that he'd get to meet his grandaughter and pass on to her some of the things he passed on to me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd wish to live in health for at least another decade! Too much to do besides push up daisies, and I want to see my boys grown to men! Quality time makes quality people!

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I'd Love to be able to take my dad and my grandfather out huting without them having physical problems. My grandfather has the spirit of a young boy, but the arthritus of.... well, him. He even bought a new browning, but he even has too much trouble holding it up.

My dad has bad knees, armjoints, and arthritus.

I wish we could enjoy some quality time hunting together, with out them hurting so bad.

-Stouff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.