Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where and how can i get info on reloading 10 ga shells, i need every thing to get started. will this be real expensive... also on the press i may reload 12 and 20s. always wanted to do this .

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
I would get 3 used presses. I have 3 used presses, two Mec Jrs and one single stage Texan to do 12 gage 2 3/4, 3, and 31/2 inchers. It's a pain to have one press that you have to set up each time you want to reload a different size. Ned S

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Ballistic products and bucksrunsports are two best places to get 10 gauge info and reloading supplies for the 10. If you can get your powder and primers locally it will save you the hazmat charges on the shipping.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Just go with a 10 gauge press to start. You'll save the most money on the 10 gauge shells by far and you can use that to get a 12 and a 20 later on if you still want to. Try to find a place locally that sells powder and primers. The may also sell presses and components. If not most of us use Ballistic Product or R.S.I data and components for 10 gauge shells. Check out their websites.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
TexasGeese said:
does anyone reload 10 ga hevishot?
Have some just haven't loaded it yet. As far as loading it, it may require different wads or a mylar wrap inside the wad depending on the loads. You want to weigh all the shot on a scale to get it accurate because of the difference in shape and sizes it will not meter through a bushing worth a darn. Other than that and the mylar wraps it is just like loading any other type of shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.