Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have not heard of a 100 pounder but I did see a big one on the side of the road yesterday. I live near Kernersville, NC and have never seen or heard of any yotes in this area. Yesterday on the way to K-ville I saw a big one dead on business 40 right in the city. I was worried about them when we first started seeing them where we hunt. I then heard that their favorite food seems to be cats so I let them walk when I see them from the deer stand.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
yeah definately dont believe it. i have killed some big yotes but none touched 100lbs. could definately be a mix though.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I just did a quick search engine for biggest coyote killed and only found 60 pounds. I would call BS on this until I saw a weight verified and pictures. I have never even heard of anything like this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has been several wolves killed around NC in the past couple of months. One that was on another site looked about 100 lbs and nobody seems to know where they have come from.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This Wolf was supposed to have been killed in Pitt County, man told me he killed one in Robeson County, he said identified by a Wildlife biologist .

·
Registered
55 Posts
2duckdawg said:
I then heard that their favorite food seems to be cats so I let them walk when I see them from the deer stand.
That's a good way to look at it, but I'll shoot a yote just to eliminate my cat hunting competition...

CT

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
DKA said:
This Wolf was supposed to have been killed in Pitt County, man told me he killed one in Robeson County, he said identified by a Wildlife biologist .
When did NC get a wolf season :huh:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good question EBD. And, while we're at it, what wildlife biologist wouldn't report a wolf kill to the nearest enforcement officer for prosecution? And when did this state reintroduce dark-phased timber wolves? They are trying to bring back the red wolf around Pocosin Lakes NWR and Alligator River, but those are pretty small as far as wolves go and look a lot like a big coyote. In fact, the biggest problem they're having is the cross-breeding between the introduced red wolves and coyotes.
This thread is going to the dogs. :tongue:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am going to go ahead and make the annoucement that this is the famed "beast of bolivia." I make the conculsion upon the fact that no pit bulls have been reported killed in the last 48 hours. Please pass my thanks to the hunter who hauled that beast on the tailgate of his Toyota. I will sleep better tonight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.