Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note to pass on. I went to Home Depot here in San Diego and I purchased a Sentry 14 gun safe for $349.00 I have been shopping safes for a while and this one is a hell of a deal. Fire lined and all. It also has a seperate lock box inside the safe for handguns, jewlery or other important stuff.

· Registered
3,108 Posts
If that price is correct it may be a good buy depending on the quality of it.

Once it has a fire rating of 1 hour-the weight is unreal and thus the shipping fees go way up adding to the price to the consumer.

At any rate most 1 hr fire rated safes start at $600 or more. The unlined ones are about half as much. So a lined one at this price is real good-but again the quality is not known.

BTW if you have Home Depot SKU, other stores may be able to see if it will be coming to them in the future. And what brand and model of safe is it?

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a Sentry Model # G-5241 It is lined and it is good quality. I checked online and the same safe directly from Sentry is close to $700.00 I will get the the link and the Home Depot SKU. The SKU# is 217045 and the websit at Sentry is:
http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products.asp?r=21&s=144

I looked up the SKU at homedepot.com but couldnt find it either, here is the phone number at the Depot I got mine at, maybe they can look up different stores in your area. Phone: (858) 653-6761

· Registered
1,209 Posts
I went and bought one today. Thanks for the info! They have 1 left in San Diego Mira Mesa store - they have 2 at the Depot in Orange on Katella Blvd. Turners had it listed for $458.00 with a digital touch combo.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.