Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted some input on what longtail motor to go with for a 1448 riveted jon boat rated to 25 hp. I am trying to decide between a 13 hp honda and a 16/20 hp vanguard for it. I've never had a mud motor before so I'm not sure if a 13 hp will power it enough or if a 16/20 would be too much on the transom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
orangefoot said:
I would get a 20hp Fisher Beavertail its got a Kohler engine on it and its $2,795. :thumbsup:
For some reason i cant bring up the 20HP engine on there website.

I wasnt shore if they still sell them. U know were i can find some specs on the 20HP beavertail? I am intrested in weight mainly.

Thanks shane.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I couldn't bring it up either. But the 27hp weighs 174lbs and the 13hp weighs 145lbs so im guessing its somewhere in between them. :thumbsup:

Im looking at a 2007 price list and it says they have a 24hp that i didn't see on their website. :huh:

·
Registered
640 Posts
The 20 HP Kohler weighs with in a couple of pounds of the weight of the Kohler 27 HP. They are made on the same frame and will both bolt to the same size drive assy. The difference between the 13 Hp and the 27 HP is mainly in the weight of the motor itself. When considering what size to buy, it is as important to consider the weight of the unit as it is to think about the HP. If you can deal with the 175 lbs of the 27 HP why buy a 20 HP unit that is going to weigh 172 lbs?

Mark F. Cheney

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.