Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. A few months ago I picked up an old 1848 tracker with a 40 hp evinrude. I had always wanted a mud motor so I saw this as my opportunity to rebuild a boat how I wanted it while staying on a budget (just graduated college). I found a decent deal on a mud buddy 35hp long tail so I started the process. The boat transom had flex sealed over some heavy corrosion so I decided to do an all aluminum transom with the help of a buddy. So now she has a beefy aluminum transom with flotation pods to help take care of the heavier motor.

Currently building a wood floor (for now) and will be completely repainting with marshgrass. I'll finish the Camo in the spring after the season. Also hoping to add a light bar up front and some green running lights. Right now I am trying to get off old adhesive from the previous wieners carpet so I can prep for paint. Here are some pics:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Truck bed liner interior, and primed bare aluminum. Anyone ever painted over rustoleum truck bed liner? Should I prime it before I put the topcoat on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't posted in a while. Paint is on even though I painted in less than ideal conditions (cold and humid). The motor is mounted and water tested. Boat sits real well with the pods and perfectly offsets the weight of the mud motor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She went through everything we threw at her. She moved myself, a buddy all our decoys and an A frame blind through some thick mud on a ride with little to no water

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man, I see you have put a lot of hardwork in it. 5 months of working on it, not everyone is ready to start such a massive and difficult project. I think that the most difficult step for you was to build the wood floor and to repaint it. Well at least I’m sure that when you put it on mud you enjoyed the time spent on it. The final results after a lot of time, are the best one. By the way did you give it a name as other did? If not, remember that giving names of old boats can bring unluck. In case you’ll be in Miami i can recommend using miami boat rental there is a wide range of yachts that can be used on trips with your family or friends.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great job Something to be proud of good luck this season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts