Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will your 1st duck or goose be this upcoming season? Mine will probably be a Mallard, Wigeon, or GWT. Yours?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Odds are it will be a green winger.... Since illinois has an early teal/goose season in september

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blue Wing Teal......Sept. early Teal season.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Resident Canada on Labor Day (or there abouts)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Canada goose

·
Registered
296 Posts
The first duck af the year as it has been for the last 3 years will be a bluewing. I plan on shooting it in a tank-top and shorts as I have for the last 3 years. :salude:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got some monster Canada's located that r gonna get it on the September 11

·
Registered
142 Posts
gonna ba a great big ol canada, our early goose season opens sept 11 , 5 a day for 9 days , got 2 hunts planned opening day goin to float a little river hunt at dawn , fish for silvers in the pm , also got some roost staked out about 15 miles up the ol columbia jmike

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI i will be shooting canadas first then woodies then green heads as the season gets along and gets a little cooler. We dont have the number of ducks the most of you have. We do have some good sea duck hunting on the coast eiders scoters oldsqaw havent hunted them to much but want to. Well hello to all goose starts sep 7 cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
A big canada goose will thump to the ground the first monday after Labour Day. Just a few weeks later the sound of (teeoweet) will have my heart pounding in the long grass beside a small back country puddle as woodies scream by.
Stephen From Ontairo.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
either a gadwall, scaup (bluebill), or redhead, depends on where I hunt first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i was wrong about my guess....got an invite to early season which started this morning......group killed our limit of 9 out of 2 flocks and we were done at 7:15 and shooting time was 6:10.....didnt see a goose till 6:45 or so and he was a single that wanted nothing to do with anyone

1 - 20 of 40 Posts