Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
gotduck68415 said:
The first duck af the year as it has been for the last 3 years will be a bluewing. I plan on shooting it in a tank-top and shorts as I have for the last 3 years. :salude:
never seen a duck in a tank-top and shorts before but some guys dress their dogs up so I supose its possible. The ducks up here mostly dress in down, I guess its because its colder. :laughing: We R planning to way- lay some Canadas first thing opening day which is Oct. 1st in my area and after that move to a pond for some duck hunting. Probably Black ducks & Mallards as we don't bother much with the Teal. May even do a bit of Smallie fishing in the slack periods.

bag limits R 5 geese, and six ducks total of which only 4 can be blk ducks per day. The season starts Oct. 1st and ends Dec. 31st. No hunting on Sunday.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/ fishing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, Im glad to report i shot 2 monster candadas on the opening day fo our early goose season only 2 we saw all day and we couldnt of stopped em from landidng in our spread! my buddy wouldve gotten 1 but he got restless and went to shoot some crows, I hung out in the blind and got em!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
opening day was a great success as we started the day off with a black duck each and ended the day with 5 canadas each from my non camoed red canoe. didn't see many ducks but there must of been 500 plus geese. no blind and no deks. just left it natural cause they were use to comming in to roost.

Be a sport and take a goose to dinner. :getdown:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would say blackheads [bluebills], buffleheads, maybe some mallards. Maryland has an early season that opens saturday. It's still pretty early and there are not that many ducks in the area, but you can't turn down a duck hunt.

·
Registered
68 Posts
First shot this season dropped 2 greenwings and one bluewing teal. Now if I can do that the rest of the season I could save a ton on my annual ammo expense.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
NOthing yet, but I've only been out once (today) for a couple hours... jumped a couple ponds one had some widgeons on it that flushed totally wild and another had some geese way on the far side... i was wishing i had brought some BB's or BBB's along for them. oh well, I'll get one next time, surely. :smile:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.