Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Mossberg Super Bantam today for the wife and kid, due to the 12" LOP and EZ Reach fore arm. What 20 Gauge choke and pellet sizes do y'all shoot at dux with? :help: :help: :help:

· Registered
4,568 Posts
I dont use the 20Ga but my brother does hes got High flyer Full and shoots #2 7/8 actually can get ducks at longer range then my SBE.

· Registered
826 Posts
I would recommend heavy-shot if you're going to be using a 20g. The extra price in shells would closely compare to shooting 12g. I have killed birds over decoys with 3" #2 steel on more than one occasion with my 20g, although I don't make it a habbit.

I think practice and patients is the hard thing. Wait till they are without a doubt in killing range for the weapon you are using. I know that kind of goes without saying but I know I'm guilty of shooting too soon. Just a thought.

Good Hunting,
Michael

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now thats what im talkin bout...Heavy Shot...The wife wont shoot a heck of a lot...Im gona pattern me sum asap....Thanx guys!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.