Under the authority of sections 40107 and 40113a, Act No. 451 of the Public Acts of 1994, as amended, being sections 324.40107 and 324.40113a of the Michigan Compiled Laws, the Natural Resources Commission and the Director of the Department of Natural Resources orders that, effective August 15, 2008, the following sections of the Wildlife Conservation Order shall read as follows:
3.415 Migratory birds, possession limit defined, open seasons.
Sec. 3.415. The migratory bird possession limit shall be twice the daily limit except that the possession limit for blue, snow, and ross' geese shall be three times the daily limit. The migratory bird hunting open seasons shall be as follows:
Ducks---North Zone---September 29 to November 27
----------Middle Zone---September 29 to November 25 and December 1 to December 2
-----------South Zone---October 6 to December 2 and January 5 to January 6, 2009
Merganser---Same dates as ducks in the respective zones.
Coots and Moorhens---Same dates as ducks in the respective zones.
Canada Goose (regular season)
Upper Peninsula Mississippi Valley Population Unit---September 18 to November 1
Lower Peninsula Mississippi Valley Population Unit---October 6 to November 12 and November 22 to November 28
Southern James Bay Population Unit---October 6 to October 14 and November 22 to December 12
Tuscola/Huron GMU---October 6 to November 24 (or quota)
Saginaw County GMU---October 6 to November 24 (or quota)
Allegan County GMU---November 24 to December 2 and
December 27 to January 31, 2009
Muskegon W.W. GMU---October 16 to November 13 and December 1 to December 16
Canada Goose (special late season)---Southern Michigan Goose Management Unit as defined in section 12.700 of this order.---January 5 to February 3, 2009
Brant, Snow, White-fronted, and Ross' Geese---Statewide---September 22 to December 3
3.416 Migratory game birds; daily limit.
Sec. 3.416. The daily limit of migratory game birds for the seasons specified in section 3.415 shall be as follows:
Ducks, daily limit.
(1) The daily limit shall be 6 ducks of which no more than 4 may be mallards, no more than 1 may be a female mallard, no more than 1 may be a black duck, no more than 2 may be wood ducks, no more than 2 may be scaup, no more than 1 may be a pintail, no more than 2 may be canvasbacks, and no more than 2 may be redheads.
Merganser, daily limit.
(2) The daily limit shall be 5 mergansers of which no more than 2 may be a hooded merganser.
Canada geese, north, middle, and south zones, daily limit.
(3) In the north, middle, and south zones as described in sections 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9, the daily limit shall be 2 Canada geese.
Canada geese, daily limit, exceptions.
(4) The Canada goose daily limit shall be 2 except:
(a) In the Saginaw county, and Tuscola/Huron goose management units, the daily limit shall be 1 Canada goose.
(b) During the Canada goose special late season, the daily limit shall be 5 Canada geese.
Other geese, daily limit.
(5) The daily limit on light geese (snow/blue and ross'), shall be 10. The daily limit on brant and white-fronted geese shall be 1.
Coots and moorhens (gallinules), daily limit.
(6) The daily limit of coots and moorhens shall be 15 of each species.
3.418 Goose management units, harvest quotas; department's wildlife chief to close season.
Sec. 3.418. (1) The following goose management units, described in sections 12.701 to 12.705 of this order, shall be open to goose hunting until the open seasons stipulated in section 3.415 of this order expire, or until the wildlife division chief determines that the following listed quota of Canada geese has been harvested:
(a) Saginaw county goose management unit - quota of 2,000 Canada geese.
(b) Tuscola/Huron goose management unit - quota of 750 Canada geese.
(2) When the wildlife division chief determines that the quota of Canada geese for a management unit listed in this section has been harvested, the chief shall issue an interim order to close the goose hunting season in that unit.
They are to be presented 14 aug for approval. There wasnt on early season goose on the pdf. Hope you like :thumbsup: