Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let’s get this rolling.

We dropped 7. Lost one.

Was not exactly shaping up well. Between the insane steam coming off the water and some fog as well you couldn’t see much at all. Heard geese but never saw them. We had some mallard and woodies before teal time.

And then the teal didn’t start moving until 7:40ish when the Steam kinda cleared. Had a 6 pack come perfect we dropped 4 but one got away. Kona wasn’t sure what to do!

Then a couple from another small pack and a single ended it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
553 Posts
Opener was awesome limits came in 5 minutes. Unbelievable how many bluewings were around. Took Sunday off and was back at it today and only scratched two. Fog was dense and there was no where near as many teal. As they say teal here one day gone another. It really is feast or famine with teal. Now I’m ready for some big ducks.

I know I’ve said it before if anyone in south metro ever wants to meet up for a hunt this season shoot me a message. Hope everyone had a good start this weekend.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nice Wally I miss shooting dove. Used to all the time when I lived down south. So far I’ve been unsuccessful at finding enough to hunt around here. Clearly you have so looks like I need to look harder lol.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Nice Wally I miss shooting dove. Used to all the time when I lived down south. So far I’ve been unsuccessful at finding enough to hunt around here. Clearly you have so looks like I need to look harder lol.

I’m in SD. Cut oats is my go to, but this year I found a scrub field with a creek running through it.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Nice! The Keweenaw is void of birds right now so I’m just waiting for next weeks youth/veteran weekend to get our with my oldest…. She’s pumped

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Nice shooting Stu!

Did you stop at for shots?

the 4th hit the ground and put his head up so I put another into him, I’m too fat and outta shape to chase a goose just to save a shell, probably didn’t need too, f it though, worth it. So technically 4 for 5, 4 for 4 if I felt like sprinting or had a dog.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
que Will Farrel in anchorman talking about jogging

Got the only 2 woodies that were in my decoys, so I guess I'm hitting 100% so far. Took 5 shots, because cripples, but none got away. Kayak fishermen hung out outside the spread a little while too.

Gloomy morning

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Saturday was SD opener. Fast and heavy. Not a lot of water in my corner of the state. I got to a small spot 3 hours before shooting. Had someone pull in and leave after seeing the truck 20 minutes after I got there. Could have shot my 8 geeses(got 3) if I’d spent more time brushing the blind. Dog did good. 8 blue wings and 3 geese in 90 minutes. Lots of geese around. A crew less than 1 mile west were field hunting and I watched them dump geese all morning

from my spot. Didn’t think to take pictures until I was about to cut them up at the shop.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts