Duck Hunting Forum banner
141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got out one last time on Saturday in the nice weather... not as much activity as I expected, but took a midmorning single to bookend the season. Had a few other nice groups think about it, but the golf course on the other side of the marsh was too enticing it seemed. Till next year
Sky Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
96 Posts
February 2nd the proposed rules were posted in the Federal Register
Migratory Bird Hunting; 2022-23 Frameworks for Migratory Bird Hunting Regulations
ATLANTIC FLYWAY
A. DUCK, MERGANSER, AND COOT SEASONS

Outside Dates: Saturday nearest September 24 (September 24)-January 31.
Season Lengths and Daily Bag Limits: 60 days. The daily bag limit is 6 ducks, including no more than 2 mallards (no more than 1 of which can be female), 2 black ducks, 1 pintail, 1 mottled duck, 1 fulvous whistling duck, 3 wood ducks, 2 redheads, 2 canvasbacks, 4 sea ducks (including no more than 3 scoters, 3 long-tailed ducks, or 3 eiders and no more than 1 female eider). The season for scaup may be split into 2 segments, with one segment consisting of 40 consecutive days with a 1-scaup daily bag limit, and the second segment consisting of 20 consecutive days with a 2-scaup daily bag limit. The daily bag limit of mergansers is 5. In States that include mergansers in the duck bag limit, the daily limit is the same as the duck bag limit. The daily bag limit of coots is 15.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wish they would increase the mallard limit. I watched an interesting video from Delta Waterfowl arguing that Mallards are not in trouble, like previously thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, atleast a 3/1 limit would be nice or even a 4/1 since it's not a drake problem. It would lessen the hybridization down
I talked to a biologist back in the fall about black duck hybrids, he said it's rare to get a 100% black duck these days, almost every black duck has atleast some mallard DNA in them

141 - 146 of 146 Posts