Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 27 hp kawasaki longtail water cooled mud buddy. Wanted to know if there was anythig I should know about this setup. The only thing I saw was the air intake might injest water on a rough day. I am also going to put a new tiger prop on it any suggestions on which size its on a 16 ft lowe

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same motor, but with fuel injection making it 29hp. I have had no major problems with the motor. The only problem I have had is with some electrical connections associated with the fuel injection, but they are all fixed now. I replaced the factory tiger prop with one off of ebay and like the new one much better. I think i lost about a mile or two of top end, but this one seems to have a better hole shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Knotts Island NC. I hunt in the Currituck Sound. Still havent ran it much waiting to get a few spot on the boat to get welded. I did adjust the top end rpms to 4250 from 3900 and am very anxious to see what kind of speed I get now. Will let you know

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
After servicing MB drives for the past 8 yrs I can say that Kawi Engines are pretty darned tough. Unfortunately when they do have issues parts are expensive compared to companys like Briggs or Kohler. In some areas they may be hard to find as well.

Like stated, go for the 9x7 prop.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I can neither confirm or deny that.
They were however selling old stock longtails at discounted prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.