Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having one helluva turkey season so far. :getdown: I put down my second bird this morning (the third one killed that I have called in). I am batting a thousand now. I'm a little worried because turkey season just isn't supposed to happen this way. :umm: 3 setups 3 grown gobblers! This one also had 2 beards (9 3/4" and 5 1/2") and 1 1/4" spurs. I was going in the morning, but I think that I will just sleep in and enjoy B-day #26 in my warm bed and then go fishing. :salude:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Congrats!!! How many turkeys are you allowed to take in GA? I think we can only take one here in PA. I have not hunted turkey in years. We have a gazzilion turkeys around. I should bust out my stuff and get my butt in the woods.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have a limit of 3 gobblers. I think that I will now resort to calling for some of my buddies and maybe try to take the last one with my bow. I've got the film getting developed as I type, so hopefully I will have some pics on here soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
gahunter-now I've got Georgia on my mind. You've taken three turkeys in... March? What gives here? Up here in Pennsylvania we only get a crack @ one in the spring season - a season that doesn't start until April 30th. What's the waterfowl hunting like down there? Is there much public land in Georgia? I might have to look into hunting in Georgia. Three turkeys! Wow.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The duck hunting is all wishful thinking unless you are on the coast or Lake Seminole way down on the FL border. There is lots of good public land for turkeys though. There are some WMA's that are just loaded with turkeys, especially Redland's WMA which is about 35 minutes from where I live. :getdown:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
The only Turkey I know of in Alaska is the one in my neighbors farm.... I wonder if shed get mad if I............... :toofunny:

Sizzlin' Potatoes,
-Stouff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.