Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kind of a continuation of this thread: http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?t=56857

so, she is now asserting her dominance by urinating on my older dogs head. she has done this twice now. once it was a walk by peeing where she stepped over kaya and left a stream behind. the most recent was a puddler on her head. each time kaya was lying down while kolby did this. kolby is over 5 month old and on occasion will have an accident inside but this is obviously no accident. any thoughts on how to stop this?

thanks,

seth

·
Banned
4,940 Posts
I really hate to laugh Seth but, Chuckle, chuckle, ha ha ha ,,,, :biggrin:

I'm thinkin' something along the lines of Animosity, Jealousy, or Kolby just doesn't like Kaya.

I don't know,,,, never experienced anything like it ! :huh:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Brydog said:
I really hate to laugh Seth but, Chuckle, chuckle, ha ha ha ,,,, :biggrin:
I'm thinking video of this belongs on YouTube. I've never had this problem, and I've only heard about it with males. I guess the cure is the same, in that no dog gets to dominate another dog if you are the Alpha. Two or more dogs will always establish a pecking order, but open displays of dominance should not be permitted--especially messy, smelly ones.

·
Banned
4,940 Posts
The Chessie I had 20 years ago used to lift his leg and pee on one of my "So called friends" every time he came over to my house.
I won't elaborate on details but,,, Dawgs know !!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it would be hilarious if it wasn't my dog or my carpet.:oops:

kolby understands that i call the shots and she is as obedient as i could expect from a dog her age. kaya growls and nips at kolby when she is jumping on her or hanging on her collar/ear. i think the real problem came when kaya started letting kolby take her toys from her mouth. at that moment kaya went to the back of the pack. i have seen another 1.5yr old really put kolby in her place and it worked. is there any way i can help kaya gain some respect and remain high and dry? :help:

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: :yes:

She's got spunk, that's for sure. . . It's like doing a fly-by - here take that.

When my bro took his dawg back to a trainer that was abusive (we didn't know at the time) just before Max got into the kennel, he went over to my Bro and whizzed on his shoe. So, there's got to be some meaning to it all.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here's a pic of the little pisser.

i've been working lite OB and helping kolby define where she stands in the pecking order. no more lounging on the bed or couch. Kaya still gets to though.:biggrin: In addition to that, kolby gets to sit in her kennel and watch kaya eat before she gets to. Kolby still tries to stand over her head but no longer pees on her. maybe its working.

·
Banned
4,940 Posts
slayer73 said:
My little choc does the same to my gsp.
The same goes for you Slayer,
I hate to laugh but,,, Chuckle, chuckle, ha ha ha.... :rofl:

"Labs RULE,,, Pointers DROOL"...... :tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.