Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 870 Super Magnum Express that won't advance the shells from the tube when one is ejected from the chamber. Anybody had this problem or know how to fix? :help:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I'll guess there is a bar that trips the shell onto the lifter from the magazine, is it stuck? How about the spring inside the magazine that puts pressure on the shells forcing them out of the magazine - is it OK?

Just guessing...hope this is a start...I've never had that problem on any of my pumps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the support! The spring is fine. One of the two tabs will not widen to allow the shell to expend. I have to move it with my finger.Not too good when you have 200 woodies flying straight at ya at first light.I've been using my 835 Turkey gun.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Glad you fixed yer gun. My 870 express ultra mag does it too sometimes. The only thing I've learned that helps is oiling it and getting a larger vocab. :laughing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.