Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a marketing plan for a national hunting store and have a few questions to my fell ow hunters. Thanks in advance.

1. Why do you love hunting?
2. Best hunting memory?
3. Dream hunting location?

Thanks,
hunterchick :smile:

·
Registered
68 Posts
For me its all about stress relief. There is something about getting in tune with nature that just unwinds me and keeps me calm and relaxed.
When I'm out hunting everything just disappears because to hunt succesfully you have to give yourself to nature and become a part of it.
It's not about the kill for me, but about just being there. Alot of times I'll just set down my weapon and just observe. I don't know if this will help you with a marketing plan but if you hunt then you should know what I'm talking about.
As far as outdoors stores go you will have some pretty tough compitition in the midwest, I would like to see some lower end to midrange outdoors stores as we already have some excellent sporting goods stores in Nebraska that come with some pretty intimidating prices.
good luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
1. Hmmmmmm a smart feller once said,,,if i gotta explain...you wouldnt understand.. hehehe.. Why do i love hunting..??? uhhhhhhh Instinct, Habit, Inbred, The Smell of wet leaves in the fall, The smell of the marsh or wet mud, The clouds and drizzle on a north wind, The sound of geese, The smell of a wet dog, The smell of a dusty dog, The feel of a hot bath on a cold night after being wet all day. If ive got to explain you wouldnt understand.
2. My first deer in colorado with a bow, My first elk, My first goose in the northern nevada desert, My first shot with a shotgun when i was 11 years old. Eating (pre hunt) donuts in moms cafe before daylight when i was 8 yrs old. My dad when i was five teaching me to sit still while waiting on squirrels to come out. My adult sons excitement in preseason preparations. And The best memory is whats gonna happen this year or next.
3. Wherever Im at this season, and see birds flying, probably my uncles pond,,,,or the lake, or friends ponds here in kansas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.