Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I think there are the variables of skill, and situation here that should not be overlooked.

one really bad quack can be to much. yet I have had days when I had to stay on the ducks untill they had their feet down and I am not talking about close in stuff, but to loud overly agressive stuff that would scare every duck for miles on most days.Some days one real good greating can be to much.

I think most of the time it is better to error to the side of caution. Only use in the field what you do well. Practice at home, in the car, where ever the things you don't do well enough yet.

bottom line there is not a cut and dry answer to your question, but I am guilty of calling more than I have to for sure. I have paid for it a time or two as well.

Good luck

Bret

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Bret pretty much summed it up. just let the ducks tell you how much to call. if you are blowing and they are flaring...put it away.

personally, i place the call about 4th on the list of importance. certainly it is needed and i wouldn't want to be without it, but more often than not i won't use it unless i have to. about the only time i will call ALOT is in the fog.

·
Registered
883 Posts
If they look like they've seen the dekes, I'll call MAYBE once to say "hey", if they are high and off, I'll call just to get their attention then put it away.
:salude:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
98ramtough said:
...I talk them all the way to death!
is this because you can't hit them when you shoot at 'em? :getdown: :toofunny:

J/K!

i call moderately, i guess. if the need more talking to, i'll do it. usually, like swamp and bret mentioned, i kinda let them dictate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.