Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi hows it goin everyone. i'm in the search for a new pair of hip boots. i live in louisiana so i don't want to get the big 5mm neoprenes just cause that would be too hot. but i was wondering how good the herters 3 ply canvas ones are. i've also heard lots of good things about cabelas stuff, but again the neo, so second question if i would get something in the 3mm range how hot would they get. thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
First off lemme :welcome: you to DHC!

You are being respoded to by the coolest guy on the forum :laughing:

But as far as the waders are concerned, the only thing I know 'bout em is that it is a trade off, cuz the thicker ones are gunna be hotter, but they also should be stronger. Just something to think 'bout.

Good Luck,
-Stouff

·
Registered
387 Posts
My son wears them, they work good for him in Ca. marshes. He liked them better the 2nd year after they broke in a little. I use a 3 ply canvas as well. just not herters. I think mine are Mad Dogs.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Got the wife and I a pair of some cheapo Redhead rubber hip boots at Bass Pro Shops for $20 on sale. Used em trout fishing, and, feel I got my moneys worth already. :thumbsup: Y'all have a nice day! :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help its really appreciated, but i think i'm just gonna stick to the tried and true lacrosse hipers. so thanks again. good luck on the upcoming season.

·
Registered
149 Posts
if youre lookin for cool waders...... as in not hot ...........go with the cabelas dry-plus waders........ i live in central minnesota and early season i have the cabelas dry-plus waders..... i swear man it's like wearing windpants in the water.... nothing better...

late season when im breakin ice with the pooch i throw on the 5 mils and then again theyre warmer... but in your case i would for sure go with the dry plus waders from cabelas..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.