Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Assuming what I am hearing is somewhat accurate, and my gut tells me it is, this will be a positive development for the nation thus heads on the left will explode.:eek:

As Life is enshrined in the Constitution as being provided by our Creator, it is inconsistent to claim the right to abortion exists under the guise of medical privacy which was an underpinning of the bad decision under Roe vs. Wade.

This will not outlaw abortion as the left will claim, it will appropriately push it to legislatures under Federalism, as it should have been from the beginning. Just like the death penalty and other states issues. Elected representative bodies will have to have the courage to pass a law rather than depending on unelected partisans in black robes to do the dirty work.

But I am not a fool, and as abortion is the holy grail and literal blood oath of the left, they will go scorched earth to try to pass it as a law at the federal level in direct opposition of federalism.:confused:

However, the fact that some leftist hacks have leaked the information to put direct pressure and death threats against the members of the SCOTUS is more than a bit troubling. :mad:

·
Administrator
42,991 Posts
Assuming what I am hearing is somewhat accurate, and my gut tells me it is, this will be a positive development for the nation thus heads on the left will explode.:eek:

As Life is enshrined in the Constitution as being provided my our Creator, it is inconsistent to claim the right to abortion exists under the guise of medical privacy which was an underpinning of the bad decision under Roe vs. Wade.

This will not outlaw abortion as the left will claim, it will appropriately push it to legislatures under Federalism, as it should have been from the beginning. Just like the death penalty and other states issues. Elected representative bodies will have to have the courage to pass a law rather than depending on unelected partisans in black robes to do the dirty work.

But I am not a fool, and as abortion is the holy grail and literal blood oath of the left, they will go scorched earth to try to pass it as a law at the federal level in direct opposition of federalism.:confused:

However, the fact that some leftist hacks have leaked the information to put direct pressure and death threats against the members of the SCOTUS is more than a bit troubling. :mad:
Where was the "my body-my choice" crowd when it came to Vaccine mandates? :unsure:

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
At long last, an end to legalized murder.
Not in NY, CA, IL, and probably most states.

It simply becomes as it should be under the Constitution, a state issue. Like slavery before the 13th Amendment, it was not the purview one way or the other of the federal government, not the President, not Congress, not the federal courts.

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree Spinner. States will be forced to take up the issue legally though I do not doubt states like California and New York will find black robed activists to circumvent the law and deem it a protected right, not a law.

When elected people, especially in state houses where they tend to be less radical, are forced to argue for and then vote for killing babies up to the point of birth, and post birth in some states, many will have neither the stomach, nor the political will.

And at that point, compromise as has been seen in Texas, Alabama and other states will be seen. Hopefully stricter limits will be put into place. I pray it will be eliminated completely other than situations like tubal pregnancies where the mother and baby will both die, but moving from unrestricted killing to rare exceptions would be a huge step forward for humanity.

Maybe it becomes step one in honoring all life, thus less crime and murder.

·
12,070 Posts
Nothing more than a planned attack by the democrats to ramp up a wedge issue to bring out the crazies to vote for leftist.

Reactions: duckdodgers44

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing more than a planned attack by the democrats to ramp up a wedge issue to bring out the crazies to vote for leftist.
Could be. And so far, the left has analyzed the impact completely inaccurately. They should celebrate because now CA, NY, NJ and IL can legalize post birth abortion up to age 5 or something insane like that. Maybe pay bonuses to kill kids of specific ethnic backgrounds. It will be a leftist dream to build the perfect population.

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
And so far, the left has analyzed the impact completely inaccurately.
I think this is true, not because of the reason that you state, but I think this will motivate the right far more than the left.

Abortion is not a big driver for the black or Hispanic votes. The truly animated screaming hateful people are the crazy white liberal women and they vote already at high rates. I don't see a big turnout increase. These rich white woman may turn up the donations, but even that seems hard to see an increase over what they already donate.

Where I do see a potential increase in turnout. Finally, a victory is at hand for the right that is used to winning in the legislature and losing in the courts. Finally, things are going their way. A change from being demoralized to energized.

I don't see MOMS energized about killing babies.

However, with the large fraction of women that have had abortions, I am concerned that it is much like slavery in the south. Those that had slaves, benefited from slaves, or feared change, they didn't want to admit they supported something so wrong. They would rather fight to protect their self esteem than admit they supported something immoral.

Given that something like 2 out of 3 Americans oppose abortions after the 1st trimester, it's pretty clear most people know there is something wrong, but they are trying to rationalize just as we did with slavery.

But we will see who will reap the whirlwind as Chuckie Schumer said as he threatened just 2 of the presumed 5 supporters of the proper interpretation of the Constitution and selectively ignoring the female Justice that is presumed to be among those 5.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
First we have to figure out how to stop leaks withing our govt. maybe make it a treasonable offense and actially enforce it. If R v W is overturned the abortion CULT ( please use this term whenever referencing the pro abortion crowd) libersls are gonna turn inside out.

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It really is the blood oath of the leftists, and describing it as cult like is accurate. Why people want unfettered access to killing fully formed and viable babies is so irrational it sickens me. Blackface Ralph Northam described how if a baby survives an abortion by coming out too fast, that they would make the baby comfortable until a decision was made whether to execute the baby or welcome it home. I just do not know how a person can explain it all away.

And Spinner, I think the slavery reference is valid. If a person has either participated, had a friend or loved one participate or simply turned a blind eye to evil, it is really hard to admit to being so wrong. As such, many will not be able to bring themselves to admit that killing fully formed babies is not good for anyone, especially the only person who did not get a say in the decision.

It is why remaining Christian in our support and forgiveness of ourselves and others is key. It allows all to admit to sinful acts and thoughts, and to be forgiven and made clean again.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
How could the Dems arrange a Supreme Court review of Roe/Wade?

·
Administrator
42,991 Posts
How could the Dems arrange a Supreme Court review of Roe/Wade?
Ask a lefty clerk to leak it? Lefty clerk socializes the opinion with lefty peers and the plan is hatched? I don't put anything past a freak.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
I just had this discussion with a very close friend who happens to chair the Woman's Studies division of the Sociology Dept at Fordham University, where she was my Professor.
It was a great long talk but what we determined it boiled down to Pro Life people hanging our hat on morality and the Pro Choice people don't have the same morality. She agreed. It's exactly like when Muslims Extremists say they do crazy things for Allah and you and I say "well, I don't believe in Allah so......" it's the same thing. We are asking them to consider this issue through our Lense, a Lense that they don't share. Another interesting thing that came out of our discussion was an agreement that there is a shred of decency in that Their obsession to call abortion anything BUT abortion IS an indicator that they understand the horror of what they are doing and want to find a way to call it something else, like "women's access to healthcare" and debating the words baby, fetus, life etc. It also (new one, I've never heard argued before) occurred to me that the people who invented the modern, clinical, medical abortion, were Doctors who were sworn to protect and preserve life. In this case the life of the mother. The heart of the procedure was designed to protect the life of the mother and it was not bastardized to be what it is used for today for decades. So even in it's origin, it was not intended to be what it is today. Abortion will never go away, it will always have that original intended function. But how awful it is to see that it is celebrated now by ******** Millennials holding signs saying "I Had One!" There is still a shred of the tired old defense that "a bunch of old white men shouldn't be able to tell me what to do with my body." Which is interesting because this is pretty much the only thing these people are pro choice about.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Ask a lefty clerk to leak it? Lefty clerk socializes the opinion with lefty peers and the plan is hatched? I don't put anything past a freak.
Oh ok, but that's political strategy. I mean, what made this come up in the first place? Especially in this climate we are in.

·
Administrator
42,991 Posts
Oh ok, but that's political strategy. I mean, what made this come up in the first place? Especially in this climate we are in.
😂 Oh, now I get the question! Maybe it's the environment we're that prompted the discussion? Getting this OUT of the Supreme Court is the whole point, eh? I really don't get all of these "abortion" arguments when the point is State versus Federal.

·
Administrator
77,448 Posts
I have always said abortion was a State issue. The Federal government had no business getting involved. The late great RBG agrees with me BTW.....she expected a challenge on that legal basis.

·
12,070 Posts
The power of groupthink on full display.
Funny how we shifted the narrative of forced jab to my body my choice.

Reactions: HNTFSH

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Their obsession to call abortion anything BUT abortion IS an indicator that they understand the horror of what they are doing and want to find a way to call it something else, like "women's access to healthcare" and debating the words baby, fetus, life etc.
That is the crux of it. The left calls it everything except what it actually is. I know not one person who gives a crap about what a woman chooses to do with HER body which is what all of their cheap and meaningless platitudes address. It is about the innocent baby plain and simple, thus the debate is always switched to stupid things like- If you do not have a uterus, you have no say in what a woman does with her body. Hogwash.

To follow that logic, if you do not have a child of your own, you cannot tell me that beating the crap out of my kid is wrong.

It is all just a word game to avoid admitting wrongdoing or to avoid facing the truth of what someone may have done earlier in their life. A better course of action would be to repent of that sin and live life for the good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts