Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to try duck hunting for the first time this season, and I'm curious how accurate I should be with my shotgun. I've done occasional shooting over the years, but I'm just starting to get serious about it now.

I just got the gun recently (a Beretta AL391 Urika), and have been out to a local sporting clays range twice so far. The first time, I shot about 80 rounds at a mix of stations and hit about 40% of the clays. The second time, I shot 100 rounds and hit about 60%. At this rate, I'll hit 80% next time I'm out, and 100% the time after that. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, how accurate should I be with clays if I want to do a decent job with ducks?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Pattern your gun with a few different types of steel. Best thing I ever did. Dont worry about skeet %. Them ducks fly alot different than clays...expecially with a butt full of steel and a 15 mph tail wind. Y'all have a nice day!
:salude:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Unlike clays, ducks change direction mid flight. If you have never shot at a teal flying like he has a fire under his *** then you are gonna get a rude awakening. Anybody can kill ducks, some just take more shells than others. I can't honestly tell you how accurate you should be. Too many factors.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i dont shoot clays anymore. seems like switching back and forth from lead to steel screws me up. because shooting steel at clays is to spendy for me. like ks and ducksbeus said ducks fly alot differently than clays do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.