Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone shot the x2 . im looking at it for stricley waterfowlin' , just wondering if it shoots 2 3/4 cleanly, along with the 3.5" for the geese. My buddy has a browning gold that jams all the time, it kinda scared me knowing there the same gun , just diffrent name

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have both a Browning Gold and the X2. My pick is the Browning because it points a little diffrent and the extra features, but both are fine guns and I've never had a problem with either of them.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have 2 SX2s Absolutely no problems with either. Have had 1 since they came out, and the other 2 years. But they are semis---so you do need to keep them reasonably clean (dirt cleaned out of operating area of receiver). No problems with the 1 1/8 oz shot loads for clay targets, but the 1 ox loads are just too light and occasionally will not eject the shell--but it was not even designed to shot them...so being it can on the 1 1/8 oz of shot loads is a plus. If you use 3 1/4 dram equiv you will never have a problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Gold 3 1/2" and my best buddy has a SX2 3 1/2". Both guns cycle the light loads with ease. My Gold has never jammed. My buddies SX2 has only had one jam. Both guns are 4 to 5 years old.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Love my Super X2! Great balance, weight, price. Mine only jammed up once when I shot up a couple of boxes of very light, low brass loads. I've had it for about 3 years, no problems whatsoever. Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My buddy and I each bought a Super X2 when they very first came out and what we found out was as long as we were having a bluebird day the guns cycled perfectly! But when the weather turned sweet ( cold -10 below, snowy, and blowing) the super x2 jammed religiously. We tried everything! Different shells, different brands of shells, no oil, a little oil, different mfgs.of oils, field stripping it to dry it out while hunting(we missed a lot of decoying greenheads while tearing the guns apart!) I really liked the gun when I first bought it,but I sure soured on it real quick. The guy at the gun store said he had a lot of complaints about them so he wouldn't take it on trade. Our other buddy bought the Browning Gold in the same configuration and had the exact same problems that we had. I was in the store today and he has 2 used camo Super X2's that he has sat on for 2 seasons that he can't get rid of!

·
Registered
15 Posts
winchester/browning is coming out with a new sporting clays model that is chambered with a 3.5 but also comes with two gas pistons one for lighter load are u shooting factory loads or reloads if its reloads you need to round off the top of your finished loads with a finishing crimper... the new x2 also comes in a dura touch armor finish ck it out on line

·
Registered
9 Posts
With autos and cold weather huntiung and or dirt and sand, oil and grease cause jams. The cold is especially troublesome as the viscosity and surface energy of the lubes drops. I use oil on my firing pin and firing pin spring and on my triggers (lighltly- very lightly) only and use dry lubes on all other surfaces in the reciever. This may help you folks who are having trouble, BTW: be sure to strip any of the excess lube in your gun and start from scratch. The recievers can be cleaned with action cleaner or brake cleaner (available at any auto part store).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts