Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you guys think that aftermarket chock tubes really help patter/shot distance/grouping?/ if so what ones would you recomend???
thanks for all the info
yellow

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got a patternmaster this summer and so far I've had 2 cripples out of about 25 birds. I shot at a cripple goose at around 10 yards and dam near took his head clean off, that's enough proof for me that the patternmaster rocks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got a Patternmaster choke tube for my 870, and I will NEVER go back to shooting anything else. Using that tube, I absolutely HAMMERED the ducks like never before - only one I hit kept flying, and I have a feeling I just grazed him. I thought I was going to have to start buying the expensive shot shells to kill birds, but the Patternmaster groups so tight, that I just don't think I need to anymore. One word or warning, though - if you hit them too close, you will lose some meat! Steel finally kills like it should now that I have this choke. Get one - it is worth the $85.
Loki :salude:

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are variations of it, but the original Patternmaster is designed to keep the pattern tight for longer distances, therefore allowing longer shots. However, they do have chokes for specific situations, such as shooting over decoys, which patterns best from 25 to 35 yards, and one specifically for the 3 1/2 in shells as well. Check out their website if you need more information.
http://www.patternmastersales.com/index.html
Loki

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow alot of praise there ... man a little pricey... i am so poor i wish i could get like a 1000 dollar limit a year that would be nice

thanks for all the help guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.