Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out this am and got 2 greenheads and one gadwall....not bad for a quick hunt.....

the greenheads were definitely not from around here.....saw lots of other mallards waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy up there...but weren't interested in decoys or listening to calls.....

good to see some fresh birds around here...

·
Registered
106 Posts
surf ox,

:thumbsup: Good shooting.

Did you use your new homemade boat blind? I've been enjoying my wife's duck stew.

With the White, Wabash, and Patoka rivers flooding the acres would approach 50,000. :eek:

The Warrenton Pilot's fuel island this AM was busy with waterfowlers gassing their rigs for the day's hunt.

The tempuratures for the next few days will be above normal. I hope safe boating in all that cold water will be adheared to.

The Mackey Bend hunter tragedy comes to mind. :thumbsdown:

Be safe out on the big waters, may see you there.

PB

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
homade job works great....its a real solid simple design....i'm real pleased how it turned out.....now were just tweaking things everytime we go out....xtra seats...xtra weights for when the wind is about 10-14 to hold the cammo down.....works great in snakey point.....the couple of ducks we've gotten dropped right in and didn't flare at all to the blinded boat...

doing some tweaking this pm after work....remember propane...were still busy....

going out tomorrow am.....then a big adventure on the white river on monday....we have to go to dodge city to secure some tanks from floating off.....

see ya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.