Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wandering what everybody think's of the two orginization's. I prefer the AKC that is what my lab is registered under, and for the reason being he is a pure bred, not a mut( sorry if I offended anyone). Iknow the APR( american pet registry) is just that register any pet you want no matter what it is dog, or cat, purebred, or mut. Iknow of a couple of guy's who do the puppy mill thing and they were kicked out of the AKC for refusing to DNA test there male's, after a male breed's so many time's this is supposed to be done, them refusing only tell's me one thing they were lying on there litter paper's. I'm not saying a hienz 57 dog does'nt do a good job in the field, I'm sure there are plenty that will out do purebred dog's, but in my neck of the wood's these guy's are getting away with selling them to people for unreasnable price's and they don't even have the bloodline's to back it up. You probaly guessed by now that i prefer the ACK :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
that same thing happens in phases around here (sc). you can look at the pups and tell right away how good the "line" is. the "middle of the road dogs" are tougher but they aren't as common. you either have reallly good (usually from a kennel) or really poor. of course, this is a moot point if you could care less about the dog's pedigree. i never saw a piece of paper retrieve a duck or find a dove on a blind. just my .02.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't get it. Is this APR thing the latest scam for people who have to feel better about themselves or what. Look you have a purebred or you don't no knock on either. My dogs a mutt under the true definition of the word but he's a great hunter and would hold his own in hunt tests. I love these marketing schemes to get a few bucks out of dog owners, I just hope the people that registar their dogs in this orginization realize that this is not a real serious deal. I'm sure they have to be that smart but you never know. Could be a market for the ASR (American Sock Registry) :eek:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
brucemacp said:
... Could be a market for the ASR (American Sock Registry) :eek:
i'd definitely get down on that. i can't keep a pair together for more than a month. my dryer has to constatnly be eating them..

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I,m in on the sock's to as long as they take holy one's :laughing: . I believe to register in the APR is a whopping $1.00. I know the guy outside of town when he cant book his pup's with a pet store, he sell's them for $200.00- $400.00 what idiot's to pay that for something close to nothing with no bloodline's :toofunny:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.