Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be taking my dream trip this October, I am going to start hunting in Alaska and hunt the migration to Texas. I already have hunts lined up in Alaska, Saskatckewan, Manitoba,North Dakota, Minnesota and Arkansas. I am looking for hunts in the Yukon Territories, Alberta, Iowa, Missouri, Louisiana and Texas and depending if I have the time Nebraska, Kansas And Illinois. I will be traveling in a 28' trailer with my 2 year old black Lab "MAC". I have a bunch of freinds that say they will join me along the way so I need hunts for up to three people. I plan to start Oct I at Delta AK and plan to be out of Canada around the end of Oct depending on the birds. I will be willing to trade hunts in Alaska in 2006 for hunts in your State or Province. Our season starts September 1. Please let me know when the birds are usually in your area if you are interested. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cost of the hunt would be minimal depending on when you came. Opening day Sept 1, 2006 will run around $400 for a three day hunt we would fly in to our duck shack or we would boat to another camp. those details can be worked out as we get closer. I might be able to get these hunts for free except food & drink. I am also a member of a goose hunting Club in Cold Bay out on the Alaska Peninsula great hunting but will run around $1000 to get there from Anchorage. Getting fron TX to AK shouldn't cost more than $600. What would the cost of your hunt be and when would be the best time to be there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
our season is pretty long it depends on what you want to hunt. in the texas coast we dont get many mallards we mainly get redheads and pintail. for more information look at this website it has to do with the seasons.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/hunt/regs/2 ... l_listing/

for a guide i suggest blaike muirhead he is a great guide look him up on the computer. pm me for more info.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You are a lucky man! that is every waterfowler's dream hunting season. If you have spare time I may be able to line up something in minnesota. I have a friend who hunts nearly every day and can put us on birds at any time assuming they are around. Last season was terrible becuase the weather in canada was unseasonally warm which keeps the birds there longer. The birds came through and left within three or four days except for a few locals.
Good luck on your hunt and let me know if you want to line something up.

Chuck Caturia

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have hunted in the ST Cloud area a few time over by New London on Mud Lake, As I get my schedule set up I will cosntact you and see if our group can hook up. Thanks Mike

I can't find Blaik Muirhead on the net do you have an email address for him. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
That sounds awsome wish i could hunt with you.
If your going to make it to texas give me a yell.
We can put a hunt together and ill show you how it is to hunt down here.

Look forward to hereing more from you and about your trip. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
916 Posts
The best time to be in Manitoba is the second or third week in october. The birds are feeding really heavy at this time of year. :thumbsup:

BTW, the non resident-non canadian season doesn't open untill sep.21 and goose hunting is morning only for non residents.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sounds like your going to have a full season. I see ya skipped Washinton, but if your interested in some coastal divers and maybe even a HQ. I could probably show ya around in Jan. It seems to be the best time of year around the Puget Sound. Drop me a line if interested. [email protected] :salude:

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Want to add Oklahoma to your list?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.