Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hitting the mountain youth opener or the general mountain opener?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Son James is up at NAU now, and in part that is because of the super fun trip we had years ago for the youth Mtn opener, when you loaned us those goose shells, Adam! He decided he loved the area.

I was thinking I'd try the same place you set us up, and go with him this year... but then I remembered he is 18 now! Time flies! Just thought you'd like to know we talked about that trip when I dropped him off for college couple weeks ago, and how your generosity impacted his life choices. I'm super glad he is going to Flagstaff! Thx again! :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave that's awesome sir, I'm always down to help out the youth hunters. Wish I had one to take hunting on the youth opener I found some geese working an area that would be a blast

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey HAC -

I'll be headed up the hill September 30th like I do every year, but I dont have the highest expectations this year with how dry half the mountains are. The monsoons are fun to watch, but they dont fill up our lakes like the snowpack does (should).

I am headed up this weekend to check our favorite areas and get out of the heat. Im hoping the ducks start stacking up in the next couple of weeks as there arent too many locals hanging around right now. With the moon I think it could work out nicely, but thats just me being optimistic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts