Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I know it isn't funny but back in 78 there was a Chinese resturant called The China Doll in Bridgewater N.S. that was shut down for serving cat , seagull and pigeon. YUM

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i didn't know that greg. i always thought that was an urban legend of some kind. that's too funny...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Yeh, they served the best sweet and sour seagull around and their chicken chow meow was to die for. :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
umm: I just remembered that "Bob cats" (Lynx Cats) are very tastey. This is the truth. Ask almost any one who does a lot of cat hunting and they can probably verify this fact. :tounge

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Probably no worse than mergansers :laughing: :laughing: or coot. :toofunny:

·
Registered
450 Posts
i dunno coots got to be up there. never ate one but that meat is so red it almost glows.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I guess I'll have to stop eating Chinese.. I should go ask where they get the General Tsos from? but that was funny. :getdown:

·
Registered
883 Posts
:withstupid:
When I was in the Phillipines I ate lots of "beef" from street vendors. Never saw a cow, not once, but I DID see lots of monkeys!
:cool:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
When I was in The P.I. we ate the stuff we called monkey meat. I think it was really pork...but you never know. After more than a few San Migels...anything tatses good. I would not touch the Baloot (SP?) it is a chick that is still inside the shell about ready to hatch. Beak, feet, eyes and all. I think they steam the eggs...BLEEEECK.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
As I remember in spanish the word is "carny" (sp?) which translates to meat. There are no other words in spanish to describe Beef or venision, etc... so anything that was meat, was Carny, thus I bet dog, monkey, cats, etc all were the same, carny. Even in the US, if you can not readily ID the meat in a Asian resturaunt, you never really know what kind of meat it really is.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Snafu.....those eggs you speak of......BLAAAAAAAA! No friggen way would I eat one. The smell is enough for me! They don't steam them. They put them in jars then into the ground for whatever amount of time then they dig up the rotted yum yum!
:salude:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Back about 15-25 years ago when the Hmongs first arrived in the Twin Cities--an awful lot of cats and dogs "disappeared" where nearby Hmong high populations lived. They kiledl EVERYTHING. Any song bird-it was shot, and fish too, if it moved, they killed it and ate it regardless of the time of the year or what it was! :eek: It was a major problem with the poaching with them. And to a degree it still is.

Maybe we law abiding hunters should be allowed a season on those willing to poach fish and animals year around? Yup put a season on them poachers--that would curtail it! Some are talking this way.

I remember 25 years ago they were catching bass(spawning) 3 weeks before the season and this old gma had a bucket full of bass, my Dad says-those are illegal and you must throw them back. She says "me speak no english" several times as he tried to explain it to her. As she was looking at my Dad I grabbed the bucket and threw them back in the lake. Boy she suddenly understood english quite well!!! As I got an earful and her relatives came runnning up to defend her. I says my peice and then says "I'm calling the INS and they deport you all for breaking the laws!!!" boy the look on their faces!!!! They grabbed their gear and off they scrambled tripping over each other to get out of there.

So it is a indeed a big problem here in MN with the immigrants.

Remember the 6 deer hunters killed last fall in WI by a Hmong from St Paul when he was told to get off the land he was tresspassing on? He killed some that were shot in the back as they ran away! Many hunters have said to me privately it is "open season" on any immigrants breaking the laws in MN and WI. Whether it is just smart talk or they mean it, I do not know, but many are really fed up with it all. But it would not at all surprise me if some immigrants get mysterially shot this fall while breaking the laws. :yes:

·
Registered
883 Posts
I can understand anyone from any country wanting to come this great country we all call home, BUT at least make an effort to learn OUR traditions and OUR laws and OUR language. We don't have Asians here, but the chicken processing companys have brought the Mexican immigrants. And yes there have been problems with laws being broken and higher crime rates in the areas where they settle. Thats not being racist, thats just FACT!
Back in 1998 when I first moved home from 10 years in southern California, my older brother and I went to the Talbot conservation area east of Carthage Missouri. Antlered deer ONLY! I have never dodged more rounds being fired in my life. It was a combat zone every time a doe even thought of moving. In two hours I personally witnessed at least 50 laws being broke by Latin immigrant hunters. In those terrorfying two hours I saw three illegal deer killed. I reported all three and helped "chase" and arrest two illegal hunters. Every illegal hunter I saw was carrying a .22 caliber rifle (cheap gun from Wal-Mart. If you are not legal, how do you purchase a gun). Only one had a qualified rifle for deer and it was seized and he was arrested. He shot a spike in the head and actually dragged it to the parking area where two Game officers were having lunch on the tailgate of my truck. There were MANY citations issued for the lack of proper hunters orange. Wearing your red or orange hard hat from the chicken plant does not qualify in Missouri. the officers played a waiting game with these hunters. They stayed around in the parking areas until WELL after dark. The hunters were staying hid in the brush and waiting for night fall.
Again, I'm NOT being racist, just factual. (I deal with more white trash on a daily basis than anything). I've been to MANY foreign countries and NEVER violated any laws. I made my best attempt not to be the "ugly American". I would not have gotten the same FAIR treatment in their country as they get in ours.
:salude:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
A chinese resturant back in Yuma,AZ got shut down for serving cat. that was a loooong time ago though.

This was too funny. I've seen it a couple of times pop up in forums or email over the years, but once a link get's passed around alot it usually ends up getting shut down. it seems that the record company that owns the rights to the original song "Cat In The Cradle" get's all pissy because they don't get royalties for the use of the tune so they sick the lawyers on the offender until they disable their link.

thanks for posting it..i'll have to send it out to all my buddies again. the classics never die.

:toofunny:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.