Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight I was going down this half mile line trying to get up on some snow geese just before quiting time. Then there was a little airplane that was across the road scaring up the geese and then he came over to the field and scared all the geese out of there. He circled a couple of times to make sure they wouldn't land Then he went a couple of miles away and scared some more up. It wasn't the owner because I talked to him and he said he was going to stand out by his barn and try and get some. I can't believe what some people do :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Mall, if it happens again get the numbers off his plane and report him to the avation authorities for buzzing. They will put a stop to his antics in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I beleive there are waterfowl laws that would normally make such a practice illegal, but one should double check if with the "Conservation Order" season, if they recinded it. I am reffering to the no "rallying" clause in the Fed regulations. There could be more clauses about harassment of waterfowl too.

MH, congrats on the first to obtain 1,000 posts :smile:

Admin2

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
In MN that would be illegal under state law as there is a law that states no one can interfere with a law abiding hunters hunting. I but there are possible Federal Aviation laws too governing that kind of conduct.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

that kinda stuff drives me nuts too. maybe you can speak with him and workout a time that you can hunt the area without disturbance.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
& - if he's not a bunny hugger, inform him that your method of controlling the population is more legal & far superior to his - as diplomatically as possible, of course. Who knows - you might even make an hunter out of him. :salude:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
DUKHTR said:
hunter harrassment laws will take care of that...or better yet, a load of #2's!!!
:thumbsdown:

Report it and let the athorities handle it.

By taking the law in your own hands puts you down to his level and leaves you vunerable for a whole heap of trouble you don't need or want. A load of shot could cost you a life time of grief. Some people don't give very good advice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.