Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few days ago, i drove by a group of deer and there was a small buck there with his headset still attached. today, i drove by the same field and there he was, the big 140 class 8 that i hunted most of january. i have seen deer with racks this time of year, but not that often. usually it is the little farts that are still carrying them around, not the guy thats pushin 20 inches in width. i know that most general info says they can hang around to april, but i dont think i have ever seen it. so let me hear your experiences and stories of racks hangin on for a while.

· Registered
2,138 Posts
Ha, funny you say that. I was driving down the road about 3 weeks ago and caught something out of the corner of my eye, thought it was a small tree, but NOPE. I turned around and there was 1 eight pointer with about a 25-28 inch spread and another eight pointer with a rack that would compete with the Eifel tower. I was amazed that they were still on. The racks around here usually drop in late January.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.