Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went out this morning before work. Got a late start and the Burbank Pen. unit was full of rigs so I checked out a new area on the free roam side. The ducks were flying, we shot 5, two pintail. The water was a bit deeper than I like making retrevial hard, even impossible, without a dog so we passed on some as well.
Just before light we heard a thump and looked up to see an eagle frustrated by the fact that the tastey duck he had just tried to snag was one of my decoys!
-shep

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well shep i cant say ive ever seen an eagle try to take my decoys but i have had those pelicans land and i thought they were going to try and eat my decoys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hunted Patterson. Lots of shots heard from other groups. 5 mallards, 1 Goose, 2 Cripples. Missed at least a dozen incomers just trying to get them cupped. Lots of birds in area. Just limit your spreads to 15 or less in separate groups and watch calling to much. And, for the Goose hunters who set up 75 yards from us on the River and called to our birds that were circling or 5 feet off the deck, Where I came from I have heard of people getting shot for that. :umm: Thanks Greenheadkiller for a good time once again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Knocked the crap out of them on willapa today.7 green heads 2 gadwalls 1 teal 5 widgeon. non stop doubles decoying .All the widgeon came out of one flock of about 400 that snuck up on us all we heard was the sound of a jet fighter and looked and they were right over us and it rained birds.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's been slow for me so far. I get out 2-3 times a week but the numbers in the Vantage area just aren't there yet. Hey Shep I got two pups left, both males a coco and a black. Sounds like you need a dog!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone here from the Moses Lake area? And are you having any luck? I was at the Job Corps dike last tuesday and it was baaaaaaaad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Novamag - I'd love a dog. Unfortunately the wife isn't going for it. I'm hopeful she'll give in once one of the kids comes home soaking wet from retrieving (kidding)
-shep

·
Registered
82 Posts
Shep,
Oh well, can't help with the wife issue..only the dog issue. If I had an answer for the first issue well let's just say I'd have my own flooded cornfield. BTW have the northerns showed up down there. I have seen none all year in the Wanupum pool.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm hoping the cold will bring them in. I've been getting locals, pintail, and seen some teal. Today is the day though...as soon as the coffee is ready I'm off for the big-uns.
-shep

·
Registered
118 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed, but it appears that some northerns are finally starting to appear in Wenatchee. I've seen alot of new geese today. Unfortunately, they're flying over my work while I'm sitting at my desk, and not a blind. Let's hope this trend of new birds continues. Shep, I'll give you a ring next time I'm in town and maybe we can hook up again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.