Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to step up from my old reliable 835, i want a semi auto shot-gun with 3.5" capabilities. I also want it to shoot low base trap load so i can get used to the gun. Im lookin at the extrema but i dont know if im wanting to spend that kinda money, What is a good gun besides that and a sbe? Even though there overpriced im leaning toward the Extrema.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have an Extrema and love it. The only drawback is that it is a little front heavy. If 3.5 inch isn't absolutely necessary (I rarely shoot them and I hunt damn near every day) I would look at the new stoeger semi auto. It only takes a 3" shell and uses the exact same inertia operation as the SBE. Extrema or SBE they are both great guns.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you can find a way to fit the Extrema in your budget I'd highly recommend it. Like you I use a lot of 3.5" shells, especially late in the season on the Great Lakes when the divers start cruising by.

Its a tank, but in a nice way.

Also, I too broke mine in with trap loads and it never missed a beat.

Good luck!

Brent

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would have to say that I was thinking the same thing about spending the money on the xtrema but once I had a chance to shoot a buddy's i went the same day and bought my own. The best money I have spent in a long time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I want the simple old 835 it works no matter what you do to it. I traded mine for a benelli worst mistake of my life besides my first marriage

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know someone who has a xtrema snd loves it. It doesn't kick hardly at all. But my dad has mossberg 935 and likes it. But he said that if any thing goes wrong with it he is going to buy a xtrema.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you like the feel of the Xtrema but not the price. Take a close look at the Franchi 912. To me they feel alike. The 912 is a couple hundred less. The Xtrema's design is based heavily off the 912's design. I also like the SBE, Gold, and SX2 besides the other two above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Going on yr 3 with the Extrema, best waterfowl gun I own or have ever shot. My old 1300 (backup) has been dusty since the day I got the Extrema.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts