Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to step up from my old reliable 835, i want a semi auto shot-gun with 3.5" capabilities. I also want it to shoot low base trap load so i can get used to the gun. Im lookin at the extrema but i dont know if im wanting to spend that kinda money, What is a good gun besides that and a sbe? Even though there overpriced im leaning toward the Extrema.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have an Extrema and love it. The only drawback is that it is a little front heavy. If 3.5 inch isn't absolutely necessary (I rarely shoot them and I hunt damn near every day) I would look at the new stoeger semi auto. It only takes a 3" shell and uses the exact same inertia operation as the SBE. Extrema or SBE they are both great guns.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you can find a way to fit the Extrema in your budget I'd highly recommend it. Like you I use a lot of 3.5" shells, especially late in the season on the Great Lakes when the divers start cruising by.

Its a tank, but in a nice way.

Also, I too broke mine in with trap loads and it never missed a beat.

Good luck!

Brent

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would have to say that I was thinking the same thing about spending the money on the xtrema but once I had a chance to shoot a buddy's i went the same day and bought my own. The best money I have spent in a long time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you like the feel of the Xtrema but not the price. Take a close look at the Franchi 912. To me they feel alike. The 912 is a couple hundred less. The Xtrema's design is based heavily off the 912's design. I also like the SBE, Gold, and SX2 besides the other two above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.