Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That motor Troix is unbelievable. It's a Buccaneer that was built in the 50's or 60's. My grandpa had the boat and motor for a long time, but then he died in '94 I think, so the motor has sat for about 10 or 11 years. I brought it home and "worked on it." I changed spark plugs, put fresh fuel in, and changed the lower unit oil. The thing fired up on about the tenth pull! That little five horse motor really pushes that boat well too.

Thanks for the comments guys. I planned on painting it up and maybe doing some kind of blind, if I can make a really light weight one.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SuskieDrake I think I talked to you about this buccaneer before. If I'm not mistaken I said I had some Internet sites that had some good info on them, but I'm really sorry I just can't find them.

This motor ran great up until about a month ago. It sat for about 10 years with no use at all, and then I drug it out. I put new plugs and fuel into it and it started on about the tenth pull. I ran about a tank of gas through it and it ran great. Now it will run for about 4 or 5 minutes and it starts to sputter and then die. My assumption so far is that it is some kind of fuel problem by the way it is acting.

Suskie will know what I'm talking about here. I think what's happening is that the fuel in the float bowl is being burnt up, but the bowl is not refilling with fuel fast enough. Thus it runs out of fuel supply. Then I sit there for about a minute, turn the knob over to push the float down and it fills up the bowl again. It fires right up and runs the bowl dry again. I just can't figure out why it's doing this, because it seems like the float is working probably. One of the only things I can think is that I'm running it too rich, but I haven't had a chance to really dig into it yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.